surfingseacow

Aspirant
My old color bbcode wasn't working. In vBulletin it used to be
Code:
[color="red"][/color]

in WBB it's supposed to be
Code:
[color=red][/color]

A find & replace is not a way to fix this, because in the future I want both to parse due to 3rd party text outputs.

This is what it looks like in the ACP:
34ecea67b2a61164b0f2469a89a66421.png

Anyone knows what I have to do/adjust to make both work?

Namoh

Enthusiast
Can't you just add another BBcode so one can use both? Or do you want to edit that bbcode in the image to work with both?

surfingseacow

Aspirant
Can't you just add another BBcode so one can use both? Or do you want to edit that bbcode in the image to work with both?

Both would ultimatly be the best solution. But how do I make the second attempt parse with the " included?

Namoh

Enthusiast
Woltlab Burning Board. Or did I missunderstand the question?
Never heard of it. Not really sure how you modify the bbcode with that software. Perhaps someone else knows. Don't you have a source file, template file or something where all the bbcode is stored? Or a database?

Namoh

Enthusiast
Well, it's German, and unfortunatly the majority of it's community is also German, so getting help on their forum isn't always easy.

I don't really know where to look.
If you have phpmyadmin through your host you can check the databases there. Should be something called bbcode.

dtdesign

WoltLab Developer
Actually both [ color='red' ] or [ color=red ] do work, but double quotes are not supported by the bbcode parser, as such tags with attributes encapsulated with double quotes won't be recognized and eventually ignored.

Edit: Added extra spaces to prevent it from being recognized as bbcode here.

surfingseacow

Aspirant
Actually both [ color='red' ] or [ color=red ] do work, but double quotes are not supported by the bbcode parser, as such tags with attributes encapsulated with double quotes won't be recognized and eventually ignored.

Edit: Added extra spaces to prevent it from being recognized as bbcode here.

I've been in touch with Andrea Berg through the support tickets. She also explained me that this isn't going to work. The BBCodeParser.class.php (/wcf/lib/system/bbcode/) file would have to be altered, including every time I do an automatic update.
I'm ok with the downside of having to remember it every update, so I'm really hoping she's going to help me do it the proper way.

It also made me realize that my prior adjustments in those php files will have to be documented well in case of an update.

I'm just stuck between reliance on software from the past with a forumsoftware of the future :) Too bad the clash is in a crucial part of my community. I can't stress how important this one is to me. The use of [color="red/blue/grey"] [/color] is the industry standard in our niche.

surfingseacow

Aspirant
Do you have an add-on that is sharing posts that expects the BBcode to be in that format or what?

Something like this yes. There is a 3rd party software that we use a lot, and it's forum output includes the quotation mark when defining a color.