Changed my main Forum URL from www to non-www

Dan18

Fan
What are the things I need to update after this?

Already done updating:

• Nginx Config
  • Forum Board URL
  • Social Login Settings
  • Link Forums
  • Rebuild Sitemap
  • Cloudflare Page rules redirect
  • Welcome Message Links
  • Google Analytics
  • Added non-www on Webmaster Tools / Submitted Sitemaps
Adsense revenue is affected a lot by 60%.
I hope it will recover soon.

bilbo baggins

Aspirant
Hi there,

It looks like you've already done everything, I guess search engines are just going to take a little time to adjust to the domain redirect.

Adsense will probably recover after awhile, just be patient.

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
One thing I did for my forum is a find-and-replace on my posts text to replace all mentions of the www version with a non-www version, because users would often post links to other threads on my forum (e.g. internal links) and I wanted those to go to the correct URL too.

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
What about your incoming links on other sites? Maybe you could contact webmasters to ask for them if they could, as a favor, to edit out the www from links on blogs, wikis, and other content that may mention your site. Might also be a great opportunity to reach out to other people in your niche (e.g. "By the way, I noticed a lot of links to my forum on your site, I was wondering if you'd like a guest article/interview for your site?" or "Your members seem to mention my site a lot so I want to give you a special coupon you can provide to your members...").

Dan18

Fan
What about your incoming links on other sites? Maybe you could contact webmasters to ask for them if they could, as a favor, to edit out the www from links on blogs, wikis, and other content that may mention your site.
That is not an option for me :D.
How many site should I contact and surely they will do nothing.

JoyCoding

Neophyte
+1 point
For external, incoming links, you should use htaccess or dns level redirect to non-www domain.

CrazyTech

Enthusiast
I agree, just do proper redirects. People get too worked up about external links. You could always monitor GA/stats and see if there are some major referers that you might want to contact, but in my experience trying to change every little link is a wild goose chase and a half.

Give adsense some time to settle in. I always had issues with larger changes.