Change is coming to TAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucket

badge consultant
You had a good run! Hope you stick around.

Any chance of a getting a history-of-taz post? some when/details of other forums that were merged, major events, growing issues, etc.? first dedicated server, datacenters, software changes, ........

Joel R

Habitué
Heartfelt gratitude for many years of service and leadership to the forum community during its most transformational years, and best wishes to Paul and the Threadloom team for stewarding the community.

overcast

Adherent
One of the biggest changes is who will be at the helm of The Admin Zone. After 16 years I've decided to take the next step and pass the reigns to Paul and the gang at Threadloom. I have confidence they will take TAZ to the next level.

Do post article or AMA post on your journey on TAZ. I am sure it'd be worth reading. You managed to keep this board strong all these years. We would love to read about how you managed it before you move onto next projects if you have any.

Threadloom

Administrator
I know I speak for the team at Threadloom we are honored and excited for the next stages of TAZ.
Howard has done a great job of growing and maintaining the community for so long, so it's big shadow to stand next to. I know I've enjoyed catching up and chatting with him over the last month or so learning about history on TAZ, etc.

As far as changes, we will continue to move towards the 2.1 change, and as a result, some addons may not move forward.

I will be creating a personal account instead of having a single catch-all account shortly.

Looking like 2020 already has an interesting start for sure.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Very interesting indeed. All the best Howard.
And congrats on the new ownership to Paul and the folks at Threadloom...

J.

Last edited:

R0binHood

Habitué
Good luck with the handover Paul and co!

Now to start taking bets....will TAZ get upgraded to 2.1 before the next XF 2.2 'Have you seen?' thread appears on XF.com?

Will either happen in 2020?

Will TAZ even stay on XF?

Stay tuned to find out :p

Actually - that last question had me look at your site again, do you guys provide your products for Invision?

R0binHood

Habitué
DBF2355B-6DD6-4746-BCB3-7616AEB9E815.jpeg

Member for one day, and only one post, yet already got 855 trophy points? :cautious:

Hmmmm...looks like hacks :p

Joel R

Habitué
I know I speak for the team at Threadloom we are honored and excited for the next stages of TAZ.
Howard has done a great job of growing and maintaining the community for so long, so it's big shadow to stand next to. I know I've enjoyed catching up and chatting with him over the last month or so learning about history on TAZ, etc.

As far as changes, we will continue to move towards the 2.1 change, and as a result, some addons may not move forward.

I will be creating a personal account instead of having a single catch-all account shortly.

Looking like 2020 already has an interesting start for sure.
I'd love to hear about your community plans for TAZ, why you decided to take over the community, and what you can bring.

Even though I know you provide add on services to CB and Xf, I'm surprised that you would want to manage a community that is experiencing some of its most transformational changes to survive and evolve.

Chris

Administrator
I'd love to hear about your community plans for TAZ, why you decided to take over the community, and what you can bring.

Even though I know you provide add on services to CB and Xf, I'm surprised that you would want to manage a community that is experiencing some of its most transformational changes to survive and evolve.
TAZ has been a great resource for forum owners for quite a while now, and it's our goal to continue that.
We (as a collective) solve problems for forum owners daily, and when we (as a collective) share best practices I see that as a great thing for all.

KimmiKat

Fan
Hopefully Threadloom runs this mboard a lot better then the newer owners of WHT. That place is pretty dead now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.