Change is coming to TAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sandman

Administrator
Some have noticed a few changes around here and there will be more as preparations are made for a XenForo 2.1+ upgrade.

One of the biggest changes is who will be at the helm of The Admin Zone. After 16 years I've decided to take the next step and pass the reigns to Paul and the gang at Threadloom. I have confidence they will take TAZ to the next level.

I want to thank all of TAZ's members both new and old for your support over the years and I'm looking forward to seeing how the next chapter turns out for us.

R0binHood

Habitué
Nice, they seem like a strong forward thinking team at threadloom.

A good bunch of ex googlers providing a more comprehensive and feature rich search, a strong newsletter feature and other strong community focused features.

Hopefully they really will help TAZ to not only progress to the next level, but take on board the feedback of a large amount of global admins to help fill the feature gaps that thousands of cross platform communities across the web demand, to stay competitive going into the next decade of independent social media after relatively slow progress across all platforms this last decade.

Welcome guys and best of luck!

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
It's very unfortunate to see you go, but I did notice you were fairly busy a lot of the time, so this isn't a complete surprise. I am very interested in what the new folks will be like.

haqzore

Devotee
How rewarding to be able to confidently hand over the reigns at a strong point.

I know you "could", but do you plan to actually hang around The Sandman? Or likely riding off?

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
That explains the Google Cloud hosting, lol. I'm on the fence about them taking over. They are a great bunch of folks, and I've used their addons, but I've seen things like this be great, neutral... or horrible. I do understand moving on, I've been there with several projects over the years.

sbjsbj

Fan
Interesting. Does this mean you are handing everything over to them The Sandman , like ownership of domain and the access to the db and such?

Or are you just leaving the administration to them while you still own the place?

I guess from threadloom's point of view it makes sense for them to have a showcase platform for their services and also interesting to see how someone with a vB background will take things further with a XF forum.

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
Interesting. Does this mean you are handing everything over to them The Sandman , like ownership of domain and the access to the db and such?

Or are you just leaving the administration to them while you still own the place?

I guess from threadloom's point of view it makes sense for them to have a showcase platform for their services and also interesting to see how someone with a vB background will take things further with a XF forum.
It would seem as if he's handing over everything, with the exception of his immortal soul.

It was described to me as them buying the site.

sbjsbj

Fan
Thanks.
What will happen with the current staff?
Also isn't Russ not an admin anymore? I couldn't find him in the staff list.

Last edited:

Russ

Administrator
I was never on the staff list because I'm primarily here for style support. I don't moderate or make decisions outside of the style.

sbjsbj

Fan
I was never on the staff list because I'm primarily here for style support. I don't moderate or make decisions outside of the style.
I see. I remember you replying to my help desk question, so I thought you have a role. And since Sandman announced changes, I thought maybe some staff changes also happend, at least I was checking that list to see if there were any. And I didn't see your name, so, wanted to be sure. All good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.