CCleaner Browser

Phillip

The Priest
I've been using CCleaner for a few years now and I haven't had any problems with it at all.
I usually use that after I remove something from my computer.

doubt

Tazmanian
I am using it now to browse this thread.
Adblock is included, that's good.
My only problem with the browser is that I can't use my favourite password manager with it.
The 3 options to choose from are:
Browser(Dangerous)
Dashlane
LastPass

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
It's white label Chromium. It's the same browser Avast and AVG use, which isn't surprising because Avast owns both AVG and Piriform.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Chrome, Firefox or Brave are my choices nowdays, didnt know cc did a browser...

mysiteguy

Fanatic
I wish I could trust them, but ever since they had malware slip into their systems and shipped a release of their Windows cleaner with it, I shy away from CCleaner products.

Adblock is included, that's good.
My only problem with the browser is that I can't use my favourite password manager with it.
The 3 options to choose from are:
Browser(Dangerous)
Dashlane
LastPass

KeePass

doubt

Tazmanian
I wouldn't use it, I don't' see why anyone would honestly..
For couple of days it's new, good fun.
I have already installed on my PC:
Edge
Chrome
Brave
FF
Opera

Using them rarely.
Sticking to IE, I'm comfortable with it.
When it has some problems then I switch to one of the above browsers.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Dashlane is great, i switched to it probably 18 months ago and no issues so far. There are a couple of features it doesnt have that I would like though but its still pretty good password manager.

overcast

Adherent
I don't trust these antivirus and security companies. I remember AVG was forcefully adding chrome addon and redirecting to amazon and other shopping site with their own affiliate links. I am sure Piriform must be doing the same.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Chrome, Firefox or Brave are my choices nowdays, didnt know cc did a browser...
Brave still needs quite a bit of polishing for it to be good. Vivaldi's performance, on the other hand, is how I remember it being when I first installed it in mid 2016. Three years later and its lack of speediness is concerning.

mysiteguy

Fanatic

Keepass is a very robust open source password creator/manager. It can be used stand alone, but there are also open source browser interfaces for it available. Its not a standard browser plugin you can find at the Chrome "store". I've used it for years on Windows, Linux and Android.

Daniel

Aspirant
I didn't even know this existed until now. I've tried switching from Google's Chrome but haven't been able to comfortably do so.

overcast

Adherent
I didn't even know this existed until now. I've tried switching from Google's Chrome but haven't been able to comfortably do so.
Same with me. Firefox seems shady these days. I am sure they must be selling the data too. Nothing stays good forever.

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
I use Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge and Tor. Sometimes all at once and sometimes at different times. If I want privacy, I usually just jump straight to Tor without making much of a fuss. If I want to bypass some stupid geoblock, I just use Opera's VPN.

Multiple browsers are useful as if one crashes, then I can sometimes continue for a bit without worrying about restarting it. There are some other uses too, like being able to test a web app with multiple users or finding browser specific bugs.

I personally find things like CCleaner browser to be kind of sketchy.

radicalmom

Neophyte
i used CCleaner at the suggestion of my computer repair guy when i was using XP. i also ran malwarebytes; both of those seemed to suffice and i liked that CCleaner gave a concise review when i ran it. i ran avast which i also liked, but i found it slowed down the computer a bit. i bought a mac about 5 years ago so my experience was quite different and i'm happy i made the switch. i installed avast and noticed some stall and hesitation so i uninstalled it. as far as ccleaner is concerned, i had no idea it ran with macs; i might try it. as it is use Onyx (a little above my head, so i do the simple operations). so, ccleaner has a browser now, huh? right now i use firefox daily and use safari as a back-up. i used to use safari exclusively until they removed the RSS feeder and i just recently disovered Feedbro.

i'm not entirely happy with FF i wish i could switch away from darkmode i hate it.the updates are unclear in what's being updated, so i never know what will be eliminated or changed when it's refreshed..

and, fwiw, i'm glad i found this forum, it's helpful and i love the tech talk,

thank you for being here