Can I sell a IPS Community Suite?

gosborne

Aspirant
I’ve got a license for IPS Community Suite that I bought 7 years ago and never used it.

I’ve read a few times on here that IPS won’t transfer licenses any more, so does that mean I’m stuck with it?

thanks

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
The answer is no, as recently established where someone in this forum with special approval got it withdrawn because this community is full of annoying people.

(Sorry, but it's true.)

gosborne

Aspirant
The answer is no, as recently established where someone in this forum with special approval got it withdrawn because this community is full of annoying people.

(Sorry, but it's true.)
That’s a shame.

I can understand why IPB would rather people buy new from them — but I’m not going to buy any add-ons or renewals for it, whereas another owner might.

oh well! Thanks for letting me know 👍

Joel R

Fan
I’ve got a license for IPS Community Suite that I bought 7 years ago and never used it.

I’ve read a few times on here that IPS won’t transfer licenses any more, so does that mean I’m stuck with it?

thanks
You should send in a support ticket about your specific situation. Ive seen them allow transfers in limited circumstances.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I give you the last time this happened.

What should be a simple matter of talking to IPS gets shouted down because mitigating circumstances upset the TAZ masses that seem to think they're equally entitled when they're not.

gosborne

Aspirant
I don’t think I’ve got any special circumstances. I mainly bought it as a possible contender to upgrade my main board and decided against it.

Never been used, and unlikely to be used now.

I’m not bothered, the money was spent a long time ago, just seems a shame to have it sitting there!

gosborne

Aspirant
Though what happens if you’re selling a site that has happens to have IPB on it? does the buyer have to also purchase a license?

doubt

Tazmanian
Though what happens if you’re selling a site that has happens to have IPB on it? does the buyer have to also purchase a license?
Yes, because you cannot sell/transfer an IPB license.

FTL

Adherent
Around the same time as yourself, I bought the IPB license off the guy I was in a forum management partnership with when he closed down the forum for good.

It was perfectly legit to sell it on back then, but just had to go through Invision to get it transferred. Sounds like things may have changed for the worse now.

And I've never used it either, lol. However, I plan on giving it a go sometime in the future. I'll renew it at that point. Will be interesting to compare it to XenForo which I use now as they're both premium products. But boy, is it expensive.

CyberJoe

Enthusiast
Is this still the case? I bought the Invision license some time ago, have not used it yet and probably never will.

FTL

Adherent
Is this still the case? I bought the Invision license some time ago, have not used it yet and probably never will.
For the best answer, I'd look on their support forums / FAQ where it's likely to already be answered. If still not clear, then you can post a support query in their forum.