Bowling

Kirk

Adherent
Hey everyone. :) who all likes bowling here?

I like it but i suck at it lol.. What's your highest score that you've ever scored?

Mines 156

Joe.

Adherent
I like bowling but I haven't done it in about 10+ years. I don't remember any scores I got, I can only assume they weren't as good as 156 because I was terrible. :p

Steve

Fanatic
299, 298, 297 were some of my best, haven't had the big 300 yet after bowling for the last 22 years :p

Average 190 currently, used to be much higher before I broke my left ankle though, 205 in 3 different bowling alleys.

Series wise my high is 776.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I bowl maybe once every 6 months as a last resort for something to do when I am really bored. Usually occurring in the winter when it is too cold to be outside but I am too bored to stay in my house, lol. I never keep track of my scores because I never really get any good ones, ha. I just enjoy doing it when I occasionally do it and its entertaining to my buddies to watch me fail at it so badly :p

Kirk

Adherent
299, 298, 297 were some of my best, haven't had the big 300 yet after bowling for the last 22 years :p

Average 190 currently, used to be much higher before I broke my left ankle though, 205 in 3 different bowling alleys.

Series wise my high is 776.
Holy moly Steve hehe.

lostone1

Aspirant
I've played before and it's fun with friends, especially cute girls to play with. ;) Also, I am quite good at bowling.

Jericho

Aspirant
I played once when i was very young, can't remember the score but i'm pretty sure i came last...trex arms.

Jim McClain

Senior Citizen
I've played before and it's fun with friends, especially cute girls to play with. ;) Also, I am quite good at bowling.
I might have bowled maybe 10 times during my teens and into my 30s, and not at all from then until my mid-forties. Then Christie came along, convinced me to go on one date with her for a Halloween party. She was way younger than me, but all my friends, including her mother, said it would be okay and she would give my mind a break from work, work, work. Not sure anyone knew - I sure didn't - it would turn into a romance that lasted years. Anyway, she was an avid bowler, so some of our early dates were to the local bowling alley. She threw me a birthday party on my 45th and the theme was bowling. My loot included shoes and a custom ball with a matching shirt, both with her affectionate nickname for me on them (Jimothy). We joined a league and I wasn't the worst bowler, but certainly not the best, averaging 186.

My favorite part though was watching her bowl in some of her outfits. She was the youngest female, very cute (at least to me) and some of the wives/girlfriends of bowlers in other lanes would clobber their husbands/boyfriends for being distracted.

Happy to be reminded of some great memories. Our romance ended a long time ago, but our friendship continues. She tells me she still bowls, but I haven't since we last bowled together in the 90s. I still have the bowling ball and shoes though. Maybe I'll pull them out of storage and see if I can still hit the pins.

jim-and-christie1995-03.jpg.jpg

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
I can't really remember the number exactly, but it was about so-so. I'm not really good at it lol

Leaf_Green

Enthusiast
I haven't bowled for a very long time (probably over fifteen years) but it's something I loved during my childhood, even if I wasn't very good at it. I'd say you're pretty lucky if you've found people who like to do this on a regular basis. Now in my 30s I'm doubtful I'll end up finding any such people!

*proceeds to grumble about how much getting older sucks* :rolleyes:

ips_doug

Enthusiast
I have never bowled in my life. Somehow it never caught my interest.

But I bet that none of you guys can bowl as good as this guy :D

bowling.jpg

Last edited: