Board Title Customization?

BGObsession

Enthusiast
I'm surprised there are not add on's to help accomplish this - but I haven't been successful in finding one?
I want to replace the static text 'Board Title' on my Home and Forums page with a custom banner with the title instead. Specifically, I would like to create a banner of my board title using the button styling of the 'Post Thread' button (see image).

I can create the button image, that's easy enough... but what template edit would I need in order to display the banner centered in the board title space instead of that static text?

boardtitle.png

haqzore

Devotee
Just thoughts that came into mind after reading this... In my opinion of course:

Buttons should be immediately recognized as actionable items that draw the eye. This banner with mirrored style may dilute that.

I assume you're style is fluid (up to a limit) and responsive (adapts to mobile). Any fixed width image might break that.

Last edited:

BGObsession

Enthusiast
Those are both good points. Aesthetics should never trump usability and function. Appreciate the solid logic. I am electing to shorten it to just the board name minus the description. That addresses how much it was dominating that space and also reduces the real estate it was taking up on mobile. I was so happy with how seamless and user friendly the Xenforo platform was that we didn't even go down the road of pursuing a stylized skin. Maybe we'll do that down the road as I really like some of the functionality included which addresses lots of little items like this.