Best Wiki for XenForo?

Vilandra

Banshee
Is it VaultWiki? XenCarta? I don't need anything fancy - just need to potentially copy over the info from one done with vBulletin-Lexikon.

:)

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Haven't used VaultWiki, but I wouldn't touch anything Jaxel (XenCarta) wrote if it was the last addon on earth.

Goodfella

Adherent
Is it VaultWiki? XenCarta? I don't need anything fancy - just need to potentially copy over the info from one done with vBulletin-Lexikon.

Good question i will be looking for one in the near future =D

Haven't used VaultWiki, but I wouldn't touch anything Jaxel (XenCarta) wrote if it was the last addon on earth.
Would you be able to tell me why not? Is it something personal?

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Not at all. I know a few other developers, none of whom have anything good to say about Jaxel's coding abilities, and when so many developers (well respected developers) all say the same thing separately at different times, you start to listen.

PaulKet

Habitué

The last time Jaxel answered someone's question regarding the free version of XenCarta was June 16th 2014.

The last time Jaxel answered someone's question regarding the paid version of XenCarta was September 22nd 2014.

The last response regarding the free and paid versions of VaultWiki by its developer was yesterday.

Phillip

The Priest
The last time Jaxel answered someone's question regarding the free version of XenCarta was June 16th 2014.

The last time Jaxel answered someone's question regarding the paid version of XenCarta was September 22nd 2014.

The last response regarding the free and paid versions of VaultWiki by its developer was yesterday.

That says a lot right there. Maybe VaultWiki keeps working on the addon and updates for it. (I don't use XenForo anymore, so I have not looked into it)

Amaury

Habitué
In regards to Jaxel, we use XenPorta and XenMedio, but that's all, really. We've got two admins that know their coding (I know CSS, but nothing advanced in terms of coding), so it's not really a problem that Jaxel provides next to no support.

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
They aren't comparable.
Vaultwiki is very analogous to Mediawiki. Very powerful.
No forum has a more powerful wiki that vW + XF.

XenCarta is a very lite wiki.

Vilandra

Banshee
Thanks DD :)

I should just add that those were just the two I knew about - if there are others I am open to those as well :)

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
They aren't comparable.
Vaultwiki is very analogous to Mediawiki. Very powerful.

Hi
Is there a good VaultWiki attached to a Xen forum u can suggest, would you be able to post a link?
We're running a large gaming wiki on Mediawiki and have been very satisfied
but we're always looking for other, competitive options

gogo

Panupat

Habitué
Jaxel never really answer any question and tend to get bored and move on to other things leaving his stuff behind.

Jake

Developer
Hi
Is there a good VaultWiki attached to a Xen forum u can suggest, would you be able to post a link?
We're running a large gaming wiki on Mediawiki and have been very satisfied
but we're always looking for other, competitive options

gogo

I actually purchased VaultWiki for a project I've been working on, there are a few things that kinda bug me about it (such as acompletely separate Admin Panel for the wiki, and a few other small nit-picky things (completely separate permissions system, instead of using XenForo's). I've got to say though, the guy developing it though does seem awesome, he did explain why things are the way they are on it, but some things about it are just a turn off. I do not have it installed on a live board anywhere right now though.

Alpha1

Administrator
I actually purchased VaultWiki for a project I've been working on, there are a few things that kinda bug me about it (such as acompletely separate Admin Panel for the wiki, and a few other small nit-picky things (completely separate permissions system, instead of using XenForo's). I've got to say though, the guy developing it though does seem awesome, he did explain why things are the way they are on it, but some things about it are just a turn off. I do not have it installed on a live board anywhere right now though.
After your feedback vaultwiki integrated the admin panel into xenforo acp. I like this change.
I agree with you about the VaultWiki permissions system. It would be nice to see that more integrated.

Alpha1

Administrator
vaultwiki posted a holiday offer on xenforo.com

Vaultwiki said:
Until the end of the campaign on January 29, 2015, you can use the coupon code "INDGOGO" on our web site to receive 20% off any annual subscription for VaultWiki, including VaultWiki for XenForo.
This means that their annual subscription of $60 will cost $48 until this date. More information here: https://www.vaultwiki.org/products/

Alpha1

Administrator
The problem with mediawiki is that its not really integrated with xenforo. Users need to learn a new way of editing, mediawiki code, different editor, looks different, no new wiki in find-new, no wiki on profile, no wiki links in posts, etc, etc.

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
Users need to learn a new way of editing
And almost no user ever has enough stamina to properly learn Mediawiki editing.
TIP: If a user ever learns Mediawiki and contributes to your site ... you probably should make them an admin, as they are a keeper.
TIP2: it doesnt happen.

Vaultwiki is significantly better than Mediawiki.

Alpha1

Administrator
Full integration and ease of editing is certainly a benefit of vaultwiki. However, as vaultwiki is moving towards a multiplatform setup better integration in the UXD of xenforo is something that vaultwiki can improve upon.