Best software for designing websites?

dojo

Passionate admin
I use Komodo Edit. Pretty light and easy to use.

overcast

Adherent
Wix and Squarespace own your data though and it's like rented space.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
I'm a huge fan of Visual Studio Community or Visual Studio Code depending on your needs. I used to use some software called PhpDesigner which I didn't like much but it got the job done. I then moved onto PHPStorm, and stopped using their software after they changed their licensing model. I tried out VSC and found I really liked it. Stable, doesn't slow down, pretty customizable.

overcast

Adherent
I think Visual Studio is too bloated. So for simple stuff, I think visual studio code is a good option.

\o/

an oddity
The good thing with text editors is that they're interchangeable. I think it has been a while since I had any website done with only one text editor.

The design part is harder. I suck at designing. I had played with the Stylizer a few years ago which was amazing enough, but that's about it, honestly.

\o/

an oddity
Designing is an entirely different thing than developing - in my opinion, at least.

\o/

an oddity
It is not, especially not for quick editing, because it is too slow and eats too much RAM.

Lizzie Johannah

Aspirant
I've always used dreamweaver. Before paying for it, I used a lot of other programs, but dreamweaver was just the most reliable and the constantly updating features have been getting really good in these last few years.

DigNap15

Habitué
I use Notepad++ and HTML and CSS
my g/f wonders why i spend so much time on it.
She says why don't I use Dreamweaver or Google Docs Website Builder or Squarespace.
I try to tell her that I want complete control.