Best software for designing websites?

aesthetiqclinic

Aspirant
I use brackets for the web designing. It is easy but takes time. Is there any best alternative?

GCronk

Aspirant
I use brackets for the web designing. It is easy but takes time. Is there any best alternative?
I personally like Brackets, but I've also used Komodo Edit, and Visual Studio, I can't say which is "Best" as each one has functions that are good or bad based on your need and comfort level.

BrandonSheley

loving life
First I'd ask what kind of website are you wanting to design?
There are tons of IDE's on the web, you can simply use notepad if you want.

Your question is like asking what's the best car to drive, or the best movie to watch.

You should provide more info if you are seriously asking the question.

Ramses

Adherent
Long time ago I liked to use dreamweaver for website designing.

aesthetiqclinic

Aspirant
First I'd ask what kind of website are you wanting to design?
There are tons of IDE's on the web, you can simply use notepad if you want.

Your question is like asking what's the best car to drive, or the best movie to watch.

You should provide more info if you are seriously asking the question.
i am beginner and want to use an IDE that hepl me in designing all type of websites in future.This is a general question not for specific tasks.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Adobe Dream Weaver or Wordpress are the best softwares for designing websites...
Wordpress is software that runs a website brackets is a text editor that is used to write add-ons or websites from ground up. Dream weaver comes closer to brackets but is still different.

overcast

Adherent
Dreamweaver still exists, it's up for purchase from Adobe too. It's actively developed and maintained. I think it's part of creative cloud for web developer app. suite.

we_are_borg

Administrator
For Dreamweaver alone you pay 20,99 dollars a month or 251,88 dollars a year. So its expensive and there programs out there that can do the same, text editors can be free.

southernlady

Devotee
For Dreamweaver alone you pay 20,99 dollars a month or 251,88 dollars a year. So its expensive and there programs out there that can do the same, text editors can be free.
I had access to DW for a long time but managed to teach myself to code using Notepad. Kept my code much cleaner. But it's been a decade since I did any coding and my skill level is probably back at beginner.

we_are_borg

Administrator
I had access to DW for a long time but managed to teach myself to code using Notepad. Kept my code much cleaner. But it's been a decade since I did any coding and my skill level is probably back at beginner.
Yes text editors keep the code clean can you remember Microsoft Frontpage and the code it made.

overcast

Adherent
Now that there is Visual Studio Code. I don't think most of the modern developers make use of the Dreamweaver as much as they used to in past. There are still those people who design static websites they may go for HTML CoffeeCUP editor suite which is lot cheaper.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
As suggested above, openElements is a really good alrernative than can handle static and datavase-driven sites. It's built on top of chromium/electron, which appears to be a trending pattern among desktop software lately.