Best place for MyBB themes?

StateDOG

New Beginnings...
I've got something in mind to do w/ a MyBB forum. But haven't really seen any good themes. I'm willing to even pay for a design if it's a good one. But can someone point me to a site w/ GOOD themes? Or drop a name of a good designer?

ahero4heor

Participant
Audentio had some great themes when I was staff there, but since it's been in what is basically a huge rework. Maybe you'll pop in when we open back up? If you need custom stuff, Audentio (his username on the community forums) may still be interested in doing custom work, but I really don't know what his plans are.
I can do some good work - just wait, I was planning on releasing a few free themes and loadin' em up on my website sometime this summer. :) Any good ideas (themes/color schemes if you're looking for one)?

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
Audentio had some great themes when I was staff there, but since it's been in what is basically a huge rework. Maybe you'll pop in when we open back up? If you need custom stuff, Audentio (his username on the community forums) may still be interested in doing custom work, but I really don't know what his plans are.
I can do some good work - just wait, I was planning on releasing a few free themes and loadin' em up on my website sometime this summer. :) Any good ideas (themes/color schemes if you're looking for one)?

He was a loss to MYBB sence he dissapeared but i as well feel it is as well a huge loss to him as well as there is already a decent amount of people already doing custom themes for the other systems unlike MYBB which as mentioned in another thread is a open and free market and thus for the taking. I do hope he is coming back.

Besides what has already been mentioned/suggested I would also suggest taking a look at Scoutie44 work. He just started doing them for MYBB and off to a pretty decent start as well.

ahero4heor

Participant
Yeah, Scoutie's are ace so far. :) Definitely check them out. And IVGeo.net has some good themes.

HarryWx

IPB 3.0+ User
Yeah, Scoutie's are ace so far. :) Definitely check them out. And IVGeo.net has some good themes.

I have had issues with IVGeo themes. Mainly to do with browsers. Very nice themes but it sucks when they break in IE which is usually what happens. As mentioned on MYBB more people there doing themes need to start remembering that most people STILL use IE over FF or whatever else. Not many people who really wanna attract as many as possible to their forums are not gonna wanna use themes that dont display correctly in the most popular browser.

ahero4heor

Participant
Yeah, generally IE is choice around the world, but in the UK, Australia, North/South America and parts of Africa and Asia, Firefox has a large market share. Generally, around the world, IE takes 2/3 of the market share. Keeping in mind that Windows is a very common OS and IE is standard on Windows machines it's not fair to those who want a compliant approach to the web. =\ Anyway, that's my off-topic part.

So, setsoudesign.com has some nice themes, though I'm having MAJOR problems with the activation email(s!?!?!?).

Hayek

Fan
Audentio is definitely one of the better developers in the mybb community

Last edited:

LunarScorpio

The Counselor
I'd suggest Audentio, they do a fantastic job. They made the custom theme for my site and all of my members love it.

Forum_Source

Neophyte
I'm a fairly good designer, I've released three official themes on my forum, they're all the same theme, just in different color schemes, one is blue, another gree and the final one is red. I'm working on creating more colors based on people's requests. Anyways, you could check those out, just shoot me a private message for the link and I could create one for you if you like my work. I'm no professional, but I'm starting to get better.