Best free image editor, what do you use?

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
So looking to install an image editor on my laptop but want to go for something free this time, have paintshop pro installed on the desktop which I know the basics how to use. Not looking to use for photo editing, more for logo and style creation.

What do other people use and recommend?

Gimp
Krita
pixlr.com
paint.net

what else is out there?

thanks in advance.

Num7

Adherent
Gotta say I really love Paint.net. simple and easy. Not sure it's the best for creating logos though.

Gimp is widely used, perhaps you can find templates to get you started?

I also use Greenshot. It's a screenshot taker, but its editor works great for stitching images together, or creating UI mock-ups. Super simple solution.

haqzore

Devotee
I'd recommend looking at how many resources/guides/walkthroughs/tutorials/etc are available.

The best editor available sucks when you aren't already an expert with it.

Having said that, I used Gimp in the past.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
I use Krita more consistently.
It's a really good user-friendly alternative to photoshop, friendly with tablets, supports layers/PSD, comic layouts and animations.

Medibang is also a great alternative to whatever you're already using. Works really well for comics, creative works and collaboration, almost as good as commercial software used in the industry. A few editions are available with differing focus. It's surprisingly not known well outside and was long assumed to be a poorly coded knockoff noone uses.

overcast

Adherent
Pixlr and Paint.net are two good ones. Plus extra effect and manipulation can be done on canva.

R0binHood

Habitué
Medibang is also a great alternative to whatever you're already using. Works really well for comics, creative works and collaboration, almost as good as commercial software used in the industry. A few editions are available with differing focus. It's surprisingly not known well outside and was long assumed to be a poorly coded knockoff noone uses.

What da fuuu....how?! 😲

ehd

Aspirant
Paint.net is very easy to use and great for my very basic needs.

The one and only problem ist the text tool. Without plugins it is not possible to edit text in layers afterwards.

colubragens

Participant
So looking to install an image editor on my laptop but want to go for something free this time, have paintshop pro installed on the desktop which I know the basics how to use. Not looking to use for photo editing, more for logo and style creation.

What do other people use and recommend?

Gimp
Krita
pixlr.com
paint.net

what else is out there?

thanks in advance.
Paint.net