Feedback Been 17+ years and still learning from this site.. Big Thanks to management.

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
It just seems like yesterday.. when I was learning the very common basics of web and came across this website..
Learned a lot and made some great friends, professionally as well. (who are also available today via direct email/phone contact).
Just going to past and reading my first 100 posts makes me smile about the curiosity I had in learning new things, still hold the same curiosity.

Even today learning something or the other here everytime.. the journey will never stop.
Thanks again to the entire management of theadminzone.com
:tup::tup:

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I've learned a lot from TAZ and made a lot of good friends here. I used to be a lot more active, going to try to do that again. I sure do miss forums. I got to say I miss a lot of the old crew, though. Seems like a lot of folks are gone from here.

cscgal

Adherent
Actually, I was 19 in my avatar pic. I just turned 39. I started DaniWeb 20 years ago in 2002 so that’s an accurate representation of what I looked like when I first joined the forum scene and started posting here, vbulletin.org, etc. Here is me now …

Attachments

• 115C8131-7BD3-4299-95D2-6E6F212A830F.jpeg
    115C8131-7BD3-4299-95D2-6E6F212A830F.jpeg
    652.2 KB · Views: 47
  • C0D923BA-8FD0-4D51-B6AF-FE0EDA428357.jpeg
    C0D923BA-8FD0-4D51-B6AF-FE0EDA428357.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

FTL

Adherent
I wish I'd found this site years ago. A forum for forum owners and admins - who'da thunk it! ?

Such a friendly site and a useful resource, it's great here.

Last edited:

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
Actually, I was 19 in my avatar pic. I just turned 39. I started DaniWeb 20 years ago in 2002 so that’s an accurate representation of what I looked like when I first joined the forum scene and started posting here, vbulletin.org, etc. Here is me now …
Hello there,
Tried to connect with you twice, but didnt work.
Can you kindly drop me your email in Private Message..

Thanks..

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
I wish to add a very big thank you for two things: One, yes; the site management folks must be doing something quite right and it is very good to be able to have this community to get information and learn things. So thank you for that.

Two: Thank you for not banning me because I am sure there have been times I have really been an irritant.

Actually, I am seeing the end of my road as I sit in this hospital and do this work, for me it is work and not for friendship --- sorry to all those that wrote above about friends --- I was one of the first admins to run a huge forum many years ago and went in as a rookie and we were making the rules and procedures as we went along without much guidance and so that was/iswhy I have always looked upon this as work. Oh, and I wasn't the owner. Those days the owner had to have some srious money and so on and I was drafted, so to speak.

Anyway, I have to wrap things up within about two or so years as my cancer did an unexpected relapse and only because of good connections were they able to save my life late last year because even getting into hospitals for serious treatment has been very tough, and I got seriously lucky late last year, but the road is now much shorter for me and so I have to start and rush things a bit, because I have a gut feeling this Net stuff is way - way - way bigger than most folks are imagining it to be.

And this is why I have been banned by many site owners --- the Net these days is very much like the way the world of humans was run many thousands of years ago and even these days in some places --- kingdoms. You own it and you control it. Democracy is a sort of new thing and that may even need to evolve into something even better, but that basic thing is somehow the most folks that are good folks make the key decisions in a given community.

I view the Net Communities as just like a city on land; or a nation on land; and so should follow the new thing of some sort of democracy. But that style scares all the way up to the upper-level management offices in Microsoft and Google and all of them. I have absolute proof of that fear written to me by some very powerful Net humans. For example, the ISOC. The then-president of the ISOC banned me for my ideas. Just my ideas. Well, I am still a member because of the manner in which I was invited they can't actually kick me out. But they could stop me on that new forum they set up some years ago. Anyway, my ideas scare the heck out of people that control all aspects of the Net.

My not getting banned here is an amazing thing, especially if this post doesn't get me banned.

But I would still thank you owner folks here for at least allowing me to go this far, just in case you ban me after reading this post.

On a personal note, maybe one problem for me and that friendship thing is I have never been good at that. I grew of age during the Cuban Missile Crisis when my pa was flying for SAC and we were at what was then Homestead AFB and we knew we were the first to go if the nukes were let loose and I then first learned fear of death and then some years later was drafted for that awful mess down in SE Asia and that is not an environment where friendship is easy to happen, no matter what those Hollywood folks would want you to believe. In fact I should be doing a Zoom VFW meeting in about 5 hours and I may not because this hospital room isn't such a great place to be doing that sort of thing.

Friendship in a combat zone is very much like friendship in a hospital between the nurses/doctors and patients --- it is a facade. You can't let the death hanging over all of it influence your professionalism so you smile and play the game and then dump it when that other human is out of sight and move onto the the next human interaction that is needed to do your job. That may read as so crude in thinking, but you see the death is hanging over your head everyday and so you have to somehow compartmentalize it and that doesn't allow much room for friendship to develop and if you live in that sort of world for many years into decades, then being able to make friends becomes just about impossible.

Horrible style of thinking, isn't it? But I do love the human race and am going to do some good things for all you humans before I move on to the next level.

That reminds me that in this hospital I recently hit on something that could be really weird and make some folks very scared. It is about us humans and what we are doing here in this universe we are a part of. Interested? It is about two levels and answering the question of what is everything. Some very, very smart people are spending huge sums of money to find out that answer: What is everything? I think they can't find it and I think I know why. Interested?

Anyway, thank you for not banning me, yet!

zappaDPJ

My not getting banned here is an amazing thing, especially if this post doesn't get me banned.
There's nothing to ban you for and I'm truly sorry to hear about your health issues. I have just had cancer visit me for the second time and while the prognosis is fairly good it's been a real wake up call so I do have some understanding of what you might be going though.

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
Okey-dokey, I didn't mean for that door to get flung open like I have caused it to happen, but I wish you the best that can be offered to you zappaDPJ, because this cancer stuff is some nasty business.

By the way, I remember many years ago a Frank Zappa. Any connection with you or your ID?

And I noticed that the Community Citizen, Square Wheels, placed a notice of "Sad" up there on my post, but the truth is I am alive as I type and so the situation isn't as sad as it might have been.

But is the "Sad" because it is clear I am not such a great human? Pete over in the other thread may be much closer to the truth than he realizes, but not quite for the reasons he thinks. I am a sad type because I do have communication skills troubles because I use a dictating to you style and not so much the give-and-take style that is that 'friendly' style that it seems most humans take to and that makes me a sad human and, even worse, can't be fixed.

Either way, this is an acknowledgement of your sticker there, Square Wheels, which maybe deserves a thank you.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Or it could simply be an expression of sympathy for having cancer because any life cut short by cancer is a sad thing. Most things are really simpler than they might appear at first.

Square Wheels

Participant
And I noticed that the Community Citizen, Square Wheels, placed a notice of "Sad" up there on my post, but the truth is I am alive as I type and so the situation isn't as sad as it might have been.
Hi,

It wasn't out of pity, sorry if I offended you. On my site, we added a few additional images. One is for hugs. We use it a lot, when friends or family are ill, or pets are lost. I didn't see a similar one on this site, so I used the sad one.

Think of it as a virtual hug.

I wish you peace.

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
No apology was/is needed. I was just not too sure, but that has now been cleared up and a proper thank you for your concern is now being offered. Thank you for the explanation.