Basic LEMP Server (Debian 7)

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Just out of curiosity, but why do you install the PHP-Fastcgi implementation and not PHP-FPM? PHP-FPM is the better and most preferred PHP Fastcgi.:)

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Can we use normal software we install on XAMPP on this ? Nice write up by the way. :)

Bitnull

Fan
Just out of curiosity, but why do you install PHP-Fastcgi implementation and not PHP-FPM? PHP-FPM is the better and most preferred PHP Fastcgi.:)

Scott
I'll reply to this tomorrow while I'm at work (it's 3:50am).
Note, editing of posts is turned off here.

Scott
Fixed.
Can we use normal software we install on XAMPP on this ? Nice write up by the way. :)
Yeah, anything that works with your XAMPP installation will work on a VPS/dedicated server environment using the above.

Bitnull

Fan
Just out of curiosity, but why do you install the PHP-Fastcgi implementation and not PHP-FPM? PHP-FPM is the better and most preferred PHP Fastcgi.:)

Scott
I opted for PHP-FCGI purely because I intended for this guide to be the basic go-to to getting something up and running as quick as possible – in my opinion, to get the most out of PHP-FPM, there's quite a bit of configuring to do (pools/using sockets, not tcp).

I'll however update this guide to use PHP-FPM instead :).

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Cool. The FPM version of FastCGI is definitely better and setting up Nginx to pass PHP calls to FPM isn't all too complicated.

Just FYI.;)

Scott

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Roger doger. I would have been a bit skeptical, if you had done anything otherwise.;)

Scott