Backup XF2.1 From Siteground To Backblaze

CrazyChef

Aspirant
Is there a way to do this? I've found nothing in the XF forums, and Siteground support had no idea what I was talking about. I had to tell him a couple of times that I need an off-site redundant backup of my entire site, including the database. I'm really surprised that this can't be done from within XF itself. I'm using XFv2.1.5 right now. I've also checked the resources, but nothing looks very promising. I have the newer version of SG with the Site Tools instead of cPanel, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Taylor J

Fan
Seeing as Backblaze is meant to be used for personal computers and backing up the data on those I am not surprised that Siteground had no idea what you were talking about.

If you want to use backblaze though you will need to do a local backup, download that backup, and then backup that to backblaze itself. It's just as if you wanted to use OneDrive, Dropbox, etc but instead it's backblaze.

CrazyChef

Aspirant
Seeing as Backblaze is meant to be used for personal computers and backing up the data on those I am not surprised that Siteground had no idea what you were talking about.

If you want to use backblaze though you will need to do a local backup, download that backup, and then backup that to backblaze itself. It's just as if you wanted to use OneDrive, Dropbox, etc but instead it's backblaze.
Dude, Backblaze also has backup options for massive storage as well. I backup all my Wordpress sites there. Take a look at the Backblaze B2 service. In fact, personal storage isn't allowed in the B2 service.

Taylor J

Fan
Dude, Backblaze also has backup options for massive storage as well. I backup all my Wordpress sites there. Take a look at the Backblaze B2 service. In fact, personal storage isn't allowed in the B2 service.

Well I seem to be just plain wrong then lmao. I've only ever seen it advertised as personal backup and used it as so (albeit only the free trial).

CrazyChef

Aspirant
Well I seem to be just plain wrong then lmao. I've only ever seen it advertised as personal backup and used it as so (albeit only the free trial).
Dude, it's a GREAT service, and incredibly inexpensive - $0.005/gb (yes, 1/2 cent per gigabyte) for storage. And the first 10gb are free. I've been backing up 7 Wordpress websites there over the last 2 months, and still don't owe them anything.

CrazyChef

Aspirant
This includes full backups of both the file system and database every Sunday, and daily incrementals.