Backlinks

FaithBW

Participant
How do I build backlinks? I did a search of backlinks on the major search engines. I have none on Google or MSN and 12 on Yahoo!. I put the link to my sites in my sig whenever I can. I post about my site on other forums when I can. One forum I have is only 3 weeks old so I'm not expecting a lot of backlinks for that forum. However, my other forum is over a year old. It doesn't get a lot of traffic. I don't want what happened to my old forum to happen to my new forum so I want to make it as productive as possible early on.

Athorn4941

Enthusiast
1. Email people related to your site asking to exchange links.
2. Submit your site to directories. DMOZ, Yahoo, etc...
3. Keep up with the posting in other forums.

nedox

Aspirant
You can write some articles regarding to your forums topic and submit them to various article directories. Make use of web 2.0 sites like squidoo and hubpages, do some blog commenting, use social networks like facebook to gain direct traffic...

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
How do I build backlinks? I did a search of backlinks on the major search engines. I have none on Google or MSN and 12 on Yahoo!. I put the link to my sites in my sig whenever I can. I post about my site on other forums when I can. One forum I have is only 3 weeks old so I'm not expecting a lot of backlinks for that forum. However, my other forum is over a year old. It doesn't get a lot of traffic. I don't want what happened to my old forum to happen to my new forum so I want to make it as productive as possible early on.
Forum signatures work. Article writing, asking related sites to exchanges links with you. Write blog posts or ask bloggers to write about your forum.

loodust

Aspirant
There are many ways to build backlinks. But just try the easy and the effective way like
Forum signature,
directories submission,
email the links ,
and blog commenting.
I wonder how it works :)

JeanMc

Aspirant
Blogg commenting is alse great way to build backlinks of good quality.

femaleseo

Aspirant
forum and blog posting is one of the best way to create backlinks..

Backlinking and indexing are some of the best for organic. Other great techniques are Keywords, Meta, Header Tags, Content, etc.

andykeating

Neophyte
If you need to increase the traffic on your site then the best way is to do social bookmarkingfor your site as it brings a lot of and relevant traffic...

shakir

Enthusiast
Yahoo always showing Bl quickly .. Google taking some time and once go to the deep page its vanishing.. this issue only if we watch through Google toolbar. check with Google webmaster tool .. u can see all yours BL...

soccerbox

Aspirant
the term is link building and you can get them from forums, blogs, other websites and directories. Make sure they are dofollow and that they are relevant to your website. Avoid the mass link purchasing deals out there as these are a bad idea.

ericpepin

Neophyte
I think you should carry out all SEO steps because for good back-link every SEO techniques is useful. dont use black hat it can be damage your websites. Thanks.

famade

Neophyte
to get backlinks you can do
Directory submission
Social bookmarking
Article submission

mgravlee

Aspirant
Submit to good quality link directories. I've had good luck creating my own PHPLD directories over the years for links and profit. Up to 19 now and still growing.

stemedebi

Neophyte
Well, As per my opinion, Bookmark our sites on do-follow or no-follow sites through which We can generate quality backlinks. I have tried it and also get brighter results through this techniques. All are aware that Social bookmarking is one of the way for generate more and more backlinks on our sites.

Athlon101

Aspirant
Who said about traffic? It's about backlinks, they are increasing PR mostly
Whilst backlinks will affect page rank the main benefit of backlink building is search engine position for your keywords or phrases. A quick check on the first 10 results of most keyword phrases will demonstrate that it is possible to rank higher in search engine results that sites with a higher page rank.