Backlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker to Vaper

Aspirant
Sorry guys this is the only real place I could find to post this.

My site has been up about a month, and I think I may have got into some bad practice regarding backlinks, I have had a few forum sigs with my site in and am worried they are having a negative affect on my site.

If I just delete the sigs from the said forums will that stop that link getting scraped? or will I have to disavow them in google?

Thanks

Adam H

** Retired **
Sorry guys this is the only real place I could find to post this.

My site has been up about a month, and I think I may have got into some bad practice regarding backlinks, I have had a few forum sigs with my site in and am worried they are having a negative affect on my site.

If I just delete the sigs from the said forums will that stop that link getting scraped? or will I have to disavow them in google?

Thanks
If you have the ability to remove low quality links then yes all you need to do is remove them. If however you cant remove them manually and you have tried to contact the webmaster of the site who's site links to yours then you are free to use the Disavow tool.

Use the Disavow tool as a last resort , not as a get out of jail free card. If you have not been penalised ( manual penalty in Webmaster tools ) but are just concerned by your own observations then thats a good start. Learn from it , build quality from now on and you will be fine.

Remember that Google is like an Elephant................they don't forget so if you gain a reputation for shady practice or penalisation It "could potentially" put you in bad light for other sites you may build in the future.

Smoker to Vaper

Aspirant
Many thanks, Yes it was my naivety that I though a back link was a back link, I have not been penalized, but the more reading I am doing the more I am understanding.

vij

Enthusiast
How many unique referring domains have your links in signature?
Just remove the low quality ones. No need to disavow if you feel you are not penalized.

Smoker to Vaper

Aspirant
As of yet I have not disavowed any, I am still trying to work out what is good and bad

saeedsalvaty

Neophyte
hey dude as you know all websites have banned their follow links so how is it really to get follow backlinks.
some webmasters say something which is not worthy they produce just nonsense content in order to be acting like a skyscraper ... which never happens, in reality, please give us a list of free follow links.

howard5

Neophyte
the comments of every persons are very postive and good way.thankx for this good informations.

Status
Not open for further replies.