Kirk

Adherent
KirkH submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Avatar On Registration - Upload an avatar during Registration

GoodForNothing Avatar On Registration

This addon allows you to upload an avatar during Registration

So here's the default registration form
View attachment 35718

Here's what it will look like once you have the addon enabledView attachment 35716

You also have the choice to make the avatar required
View attachment 35719

Donations are welcome....
Read more about this resource...

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Let me know if you run into any troubles J :)
Trouble apparently is the middle name my Mom never gave me.
Have any clues as how to get away from the name??? :ROFLMAO:LOL

J.

PoetJC

What problems have you been having that they say you need upgrade your VPS
o_O I think it is just a problem with my permissions. PoetJC - do I need to be in a certain group to download resources?

Scott
Seems like an interesting plugin, however I'm having the same problem as s.molinari unfortunately.
I could download the share just fine. But it seems all registered members should have download access.
If there's a permissions issue - It may be something The Sandman or Morganna needs to fix. I've reported the thread.

J.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
I'm seeing this for the download.

upload_2015-9-6_5-32-47.png

And this for the images in the overview.

upload_2015-9-6_5-33-28.png

Scott

PoetJC

I'm seeing this for the download.

View attachment 36868

And this for the images in the overview.

View attachment 36869

Scott
And I see:
taz-kirkh-share.png

So it definitely seems a permissions error. Perhaps Steve can weigh in... The only difference I see in our permissions though is that you have the Developers rank and I have the Coder / Designer rank. IDK. Seems kinda weird. Whatever the case - something's amiss and needs to be fixed.

J.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
That was it! Thanks Joey.

However, I'd like to suggest that looking at the images help sell the resource and shouldn't be connected to an XF license. And the button should show "Download" all the time, but if the user isn't a verified XF license holder, it should reroute them to a page explaining to them that they need to be one to get the resource. Just going to a "You don't have permissions" page causes a "WTF?" experience for the user and probably some work for someone, like what happened here. This probably wasn't the first time and won't be the last time someone asks why they can't get to a resource. ;)

Scott

Last edited:

PoetJC

...and won't be the last time someone asks why they can't get to a resource. ;)

Scott
It could very well be the last time for this particular instance of WTF .... if the permissions are tweaked a bit as you've suggested. :tup:

J.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Yeah, it might be a bit more work than just a permission tweak, as the explanation page needs to be created and possibly some sort of plug-in for the reroute to the explanation page. Does XF have a partner program? The link back to XF could entail that too. ;)

Edit: sorry to take your resource discussion off-top there KirkH.

Scott

PoetJC

Yeah, it might be a bit more work than just a permission tweak, as the explanation page needs to be created and possibly some sort of plug-in for the reroute to the explanation page....
I know it took a bit of sleuthing to solve the issue. But it's not actually an 'issue' persee. Or rather - it's not a bug. And to be honest - I doubt anyone on TAZ Administrative Staff would want to splurge substantial money for such an add-on. If I were a TAZ Admin - I know I couldn't splurge for it anyway... Perhaps Steve could build something? LOL Who knows. But you know how vB spits out generic error messages at times. Same difference here. A script tweak would be nice and perhaps preferred even = but it seems the permissions functionality itself is working as intended.

J.