Ask Ash

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Is your real name Ash. If not, what is behind choosing it as your username? If it is, is it short for Ashley, Ashton, or something else?

Ash

Participant
Is your real name Ash. If not, what is behind choosing it as your username? If it is, is it short for Ashley, Ashton, or something else?
It's just a nickname that I always liked from a young age
Do you have the necronomicon ex mortis?
No idea what that is and I'm slightly worried to search it up lol

Hostboard

Enthusiast
Why does anything exist? In the beginning there was nothing. How did something come from nothing?

zappaDPJ

Why does anything exist? In the beginning there was nothing. How did something come from nothing?
In a similar vein, after 13 billion years of glorious evolution, mankind invented the pot noodle. Why? :unsure:

Reactions: FTL

FTL

Adherent
It didn't. Scientists don't know what came before the Big Bang and they say so. They don't claim the universe came from nothing. It's religious people who make this claim about scientists.

Zero Numbers

Adherent
It didn't. Scientists don't know what came before the Big Bang and they say so. They don't claim the universe came from nothing. It's religious people who make this claim about scientists.

Scientists do make such claims. Institutions have their agenda. There's many religions, and it causes confusion to people's understanding.

The answer to the question regarding why anything exists. An intelligent being created the universe and all life on earth. A creator made everything happen, God. The God who sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for humanity and their sins.

FTL

Adherent
Scientists do make such claims. Institutions have their agenda. There's many religions, and it causes confusion to people's understanding.

The answer to the question regarding why anything exists. An intelligent being created the universe and all life on earth. A creator made everything happen, God. The God who sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for humanity and their sins.
No they didn't, prove it with a link to a reputable website.

I see you're a theist trotting out the same old lie about scientists that I just talked about.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
We know the universe began expanding from a singularity some 13.8 billion years ago. Where that singularity came from isn't known currently. It may have come from another universe, or perhaps it is just the latest iteration of an expanding and contracting cycle our universe goes through regularly.

We don't know there was nothing. We have no example of what "nothing" even is.

As for why anything exists, I don't know. Existence doesn't require a reason.