Are you familiar with DDoS protected servers?

Christopher ll

Neophyte
How many of you are familiar with DDoS protected servers? I don't mean Clouflare or rerouting... but your actual server (dedicated, vps, cloud) that is in itself completely protected against attacks.

TheChiro

Devotee
...What's the actual question you want to get at? Are we familiar? Yes. Do I think proxy protection is just as good? Yes...especially since they rarely slow down the connection to the site now days and are much cheaper than hardware protection.

Steve

Fanatic
Recently been trying out Pyschz.net. They seem to have a nice setup in regards to DDoS protection. Good deal on some of the plans that come with free 20Gbps protection.

Dan18

Fan
Well OVH/SoYouStart support is just a matter of few minutes or few hours for me.

Chris23

Enthusiast
Well OVH/SoYouStart support is just a matter of few minutes or few hours for me.
I've never had good experiences with their support, but they're not aimed at giving support regardless. Would recommend them if you need a huge server and know what you're doing :p

spanky

Neophyte
BudgetVM also provides some limited DDOS-protection as standard. Honestly, you're better off using a mix of cloudflare alongside network level protection.