Are You Experienced?

Postworker23

Aspirant
I like the idea ok admin skill level. Is Admin Skills level meaning that you are having experience in working as admin or co-admin?

engineer1964

hoc foro magna est
I put down advance as i've managed and run several forums in the past few years.

I used to use Vbulletin quite alot, I developed quite a few mods and plugins, see here http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/member.php?u=271420

I was also a site helper at the vbulletin.org forums, but after a bust up with the VBulletin Co ordinator I left.

Now i spend my time Improving and customisimg SMF forums, which are absolutely brilliant in terms of content and additional add ons (mods and themes) A very much underated product which deserves a bit more credit, and i'm happy to help anyone set up/mange their own forums :coffee:

Last edited:

Ownaholic

Aspirant
Guru to the Zuru.

I used to run a Company that worked directly with the big-wigs in the industry like Activision and Blizzard (God, the perks and free stuff were so good), so yeah. =D

A little too stressful now, that's why I started CleverNoob.com. Just simple, fun-loving walkthrough videos. (Still in the process of converting from vBulletin to IPB though)

Adventurer

Aspirant
I'd have to say I'm probably the most inexperienced on here, with only just over a months hands on experience with the admin side of running a forum.

Looks like it's the school of hard knocks for me, lessened a little of course by the knowledge I've gathered from TAZ.

DirtRider

bah humbug
Well I started out before the internet with a BBS on a Dos box with 3 incoming lines running at 300bps so where would that put me

tamal10

Neophyte
Hello,

I've put Intermediate, because even though I'm a shiny new forum admin, I've skinned and modded my forum extensively.

esquire

Habitué
The first online community site I put up was over 20 years ago, hard to believe.

Klaatu

Fan
I've involved in the WM scene for almost 8 years now. I started as a moderator and quickly worked my way up to admin. Running my own sites it's been almost 5 years now.

WyldFyre

B4U Founder
Guru to the Zuru.

I used to run a Company that worked directly with the big-wigs in the industry like Activision and Blizzard (God, the perks and free stuff were so good), so yeah. =D

A little too stressful now, that's why I started CleverNoob.com. Just simple, fun-loving walkthrough videos. (Still in the process of converting from vBulletin to IPB though)

I find it quite interesting that you live in the same town as one of my Staff members. I wonder if you two know each other.