Votes: 11 24.4%
  • I'm considering switching to IPB

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other (state in the comments)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

whitetigergrowl

Participant
Title and poll say it all. Will you be upgrading to IPB 4.5? What are the things or features you are looking forward to the most? Is there anything released thus far for info on it that you are less excited about and why? Is there anything you hope would have been added or changed? If you are using another forum software, is it enough to make you possibly switch or are you gonna wait it out to see what that forum does?

Let's hear those thoughts!

haqzore

Devotee
This is a generic answer, but...

I get excited about any new version from any developer/company, even those I don't use.

I use both IPS and XF on 2 different sites now - so of course look forward to those new versions.

DanielF

Participant
I'm really, really excited about this huge team effort.
There are so many new features and enhancements, I can't even pick my favorite one because they're all great.
Starting with the new mobile app which I really don't want to miss anymore, all the club enhancements, the new front and backend theme, I think almost a dozen of new widgets suite wide, the forum and topic view, all the other background improvements to make the system faster and more stable... the brand new statistical trends section in the ACP and last but not least ZAPIER integration, which is really really huge and which is going to be a huge time and money saver for many clients.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Even though I'm currently not running a forum on the Invision platform I am really looking forward to this release. In my view it puts it way ahead of similar competitor products and for the first time allows a forum to compete with other social platforms.

DigNap15

Adherent
I started my first forum on XF in January. I am happy with it.
But I don't know much about Invision.
XF needs a good user manual
And I get confused with all the add-ons (does Invision have add-ons?)
I have not been able to find out how much Invsision costs

Joel R

Fan
I started my first forum on XF in January. I am happy with it.
But I don't know much about Invision.
XF needs a good user manual
And I get confused with all the add-ons (does Invision have add-ons?)
I have not been able to find out how much Invsision costs
Yes, Invision offers thousands of plugins, apps, and themes in the Marketplace. There are both free and paid.

Dubbed Navigator

Adherent
I moved away from invision a while ago. it seems to have moved a long way since then. Think I may have to get myself a new demo.

DigNap15

Adherent
I think demos are a bit useless.
I think its better to look at some forums that use that software and see what you like and don't like.
Or read reviews on TAZ.

evcom

Aspirant
I'm with Invision for 9 month now. I really like it. Version 4.4 is already very good. But I also look very much forward to 4.5 and I am particularly curios how the mobile app will perform and how it will be accepted by members. My experience is, that it usually takes time for users to get used to new features or to discover them, so I plan to show them the many features in regular blog posts.

AlexTheBat

Aspirant
I've really liked the look of IPB 4.5. I'm just running free software at the moment, since I'm not too interested in dumping a lot of money into a project I'm not sure will take off, but I am very interested in switching to IPB in the long-term. It looks like great software.

Doug Heffernan

Enthusiast
I’m looking into it, and following the progress.

If XF doesn’t follow up the features from then, I’m thinking seriously to make a migration to IPB.

The lacking of some advanced features on XF really annoy me.
Xf should break out of their mentaility that new features are not needed imo. I think that if they will not keep up with Ipb 4.5. they will lloose a lot of current and potential customers.

TLChris

Administrator
I’m looking into it, and following the progress.

If XF doesn’t follow up the features from then, I’m thinking seriously to make a migration to IPB.

The lacking of some advanced features on XF really annoy me.
What new features do they offer that make it so compelling for the switch?
Taking on migration, while not impossible, especially for an active community will require weeks if not months of planning to be smooth, and even then never is perfect.

palhanow

Enthusiast
Xf should break out of their mentaility that new features are not needed imo. I think that if they will not keep up with Ipb 4.5. they will lloose a lot of current and potential customers.
What new features do they offer that make it so compelling for the switch?
Taking on migration, while not impossible, especially for an active community will require weeks if not months of planning to be smooth, and even then never is perfect.
Well, just look the features page on IPB:

1588777937299.png

So, there basically everything that i need to go beyond XF basic Forum features, with the plus of 4.5 version coming with a App.

XF really offer the best Forum experience, but is just that. The spartan model of Forums system. Works well, have all the essential functions and that's it.

Now look at IPB.

They have everything that i need to go beyond the essential, basically transforming my site in a very complete portal/community with a lot of resources to explore and expand my capabilities for my costumers, in a official way of doing things, not depending of add-ons, many of then, expensive as hell that should be official.

It's expensive? Yes. I would expend more than U$ 2k to go for IPS, with the migration service and all this features and more costs for renewal.

I'm very happy with XF, but they need to go beyond that.

Is what i said in my last thread about the subject:

So, is very tempting to do a migration.

I'm waiting, giving XF one more shot for the next version and see what going to happen.

And i have to consider the costs, and specially with the Coronavirus situation, because my revenue dropped like a meteor.