Anyone tried reddit advertising?

XtremeConditions

Aspirant
A lot of places are saying that it just isn't worth it, including some vids I saw on YT with some good extensive testing of reddit ads. But at the same time, I figure for like $5 of minimum advertising, how much would I have to lose? I've tried to subtly promote my site on a reddit post and got probably a couple hundred impressions from there over a few days, though I certainly didn't spend any money on it. Which is kind of the problem with Reddit. You can't self-advertise, yet established brands, celebrities etc, all profit from totally free advertising on Reddit. But that's a topic for a different discussion I guess.

Anyway, have any of you had any kind of luck advertising on Reddit? I think with an effective reddit campaign, I could actually make a net profit since my costs per click on this particular site seem to be fairly decent. What has your guys' experience been?

(Either way, I'll probably try it. I'll try to report back if I remember to do so).

I A 1

Enthusiast
We ran a reddit ad for a week last year but I didn't see much traffic from there. Most of our traffic is from search engines.