Anyone knows of a PhpBB "Like Post" or "Love Post" type extension?

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
Does anyone here know of an extension that would add a "Like post" type functionality to a PhpBB forum?

I have not been able to find one so far within the PhpBB extension repository. I browsed through the phpBB "Communication" and "Cosmetic" extensions, I was unable to identify any such extension. Broadening my research led me to discussions such as Default Like and Thank You System, and Like Post System These articles and some more research led me to an older extension still tagged under development, Post Love, and finally to the Thanks for posts extension, available on GitHub.

Would you trust the latter extension?

Do any of you have suggestions about such extensions that I may have overlooked so far?

Any comments would be appreciated.

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
After reading your answer, I installed it in my PhpBB 3.2.2 testing environment. It has an interesting set of configuration options. The few tests I made led me to wonder if it actually slowed down my system.

One question for Meis:
  • Would you consider that this extension slows down the forum where you have had it installed for the last ten years or so?
Another question for Meis or anyone else:
  • Also, the extension evolved from 3.x to 3.2.x, but it is still marked as being in development status. Apart from losing the data created with it, are there other problems that I may encounter with it and that will have advert effect on my live phpBB 3.2.2. forum, were I to decide to install it in prod anyways?
Thank you all !