VPS Anybody else using AWS for their forums?

Aspirant
I'm in no way associated with AWS aside from being a customer, so I don't get paid for promoting them.

That said, I've been very happy with my AWS-hosted forum experience. I've been with them a few years now and as a system admin, it's incredible to work with. The ability to change server size/capabilities and have your site back up and running on the faster (or slower I suppose, if you went that direction) instance is worth every penny.

I've not experimented with load balancing because my sites haven't required it, but that's an option I've been interested in too.

Is anyone else here using AWS? How custom is your setup? Are you running a GUI such as cPanel or Plesk or are you riding bareback? šŸ¤ 

I have cPanel on one of mine and just out-of-the-box Linux on another.

jair101

Participant
Do you use Lightsail or a combination of other services? I've been considering offloading the administration part to a cloud service, but I haven't researched if it is possible to be completely hassle free.

duscle

Neophyte
I have my eye on them but I know one has to be an IT expert to run this. Hence the reason why I will use a managed service provider to run them. Looking at clowdways

overcast

Adherent
I assume you are using Lightsail otherwise it would be pretty much costly.

overcast

Adherent
My exposure to it is a bit limited but it is of same value to that of digitalocean VPS of same cost.

duscle

Neophyte
My exposure to it is a bit limited but it is of same value to that of digitalocean VPS of same cost.
AWS is superior to Digitalocean. You only have to look at the bad reviews DO gets. I know 3 people who have moved from DO. Personally I am looking at Linode.

overcast

Adherent
AWS is superior to Digitalocean. You only have to look at the bad reviews DO gets. I know 3 people who have moved from DO. Personally I am looking at Linode.
Have you tried Amazon Lightsail or know anyone who is hosting bigger project like big boards or fourms or even bigger VPS level project?