Anybody else like to timetravel?

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Heh yeah, I'll visit the past sometimes.

Dakoom

Web City
Yes, I do it a lot. LOL :er_what_Pigeon:
Especially with websites that I was in love with that now are completely changed in a bad way, in my opinion. Do you want an example? This was cool:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100815203608/http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529530
extremely readable, etc. The same for the old website itself. Now their community/website style sucks. I know that is Discourse... a good forum software and bla bla bla, but now it sucks for me. LOL ... just my two cents.

PS: I didn't like the old favicon of TAZ. The new one is so much better. It change a little bit, but now it is not a "punch in the face"! LOL

davemacc

Fan
I own a few domain names which have been around for quite a long time and had sites previously attached to them.
Way back machine is good for seeing what people did with domains previously

LawrenceWright

Aspirant
If only a wormhole couldn't be closed by 1 line in the robots.txt. Truly the destroyer of historical data.

Otherwise, I visit the past quite often.

Echo

Runs with grenades
Awesome! Two years before I was born!

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I look at my old sites every now and then just for memories. That is a neat service but what if someone finds something about themselves that they don't want on there? :eek:

zappaDPJ

I only ever look forward. I'm not sure why and if someone says to me 'do you remember when...' that's usually as far as they get before I say 'no' :D

Zaphod

Aspirant
Having gone back for a look I thought OMG! and I was pleased with that?

Fond memories are one thing, but old websites (expecially mine) nah!

Last edited: