Amazon SES

Faust

Enthusiast
Hello. I would like to ask those who are using Amazon SES for emails. there said that 62 000 emails are free, are those are free each month, or just first month ? Thanks.

rafalp

Desu Ex
Every month, but only if sender is also hosted on Amazon Web Services.

yeswecan

Participant
there said that 62 000 emails are free,
Where did you get this information?

You can use Amazon SES without any limitations for free if you set it up correctly with your Xenforo installation.

It is worth to pay the 25 USD/monthly for your own IP address though. This is better for sender's reputation. But this is totally up to you and not mandatory.

Faust

Enthusiast
Where did you get this information?

You can use Amazon SES without any limitations for free if you set it up correctly with your Xenforo installation.

It is worth to pay the 25 USD/monthly for your own IP address though. This is better for sender's reputation. But this is totally up to you and not mandatory.
I'm new to it, so trying to set it up, but not sure how..

rafalp

Desu Ex
You can still use it, but then you have to pay $0.10 for every 1000 emails your site sends in a month.

Faust

Enthusiast
Sad, then I'll need to look for an other alternative

yeswecan

Participant
Your site also has to be hosted on Amazon servers (eg. on their EC2 hosting).
no.

How about if is not hosted on their server? I can't use it?
You still can use it. You need to make changes with your webhoster on these specific emails used for sending the emails, for bounces, for complaints etc.

You can still use it, but then you have to pay $0.10 for every 1000 emails your site sends in a month.
It is too long ago so I do not remember the details anymore. But as far as I remember it was for free. Maybe they changed that now. Check the AWS/SES pages for that

Are you on a shared server / do you have any kind of restrictions regarding amount of emails sent per hour with your webhoster?

rafalp

Desu Ex
It is too long ago so I do not remember the details anymore. But as far as I remember it was for free. Maybe they changed that now. Check the AWS/SES pages for that
I've literally posted screenshot from current pricing for SES. ;)

Faust

Enthusiast
no.

You still can use it. You need to make changes with your webhoster on these specific emails used for sending the emails, for bounces, for complaints etc.

Are you on a shared server / do you have any kind of restrictions regarding amount of emails sent per hour with your webhoster?
yes I’m on shared hosting. About emails, im not sure, never checked. No more 30000 I month I guess.

yeswecan

Participant
Look at the mail addon of dragonbyte. In the newest version he has throtteling in it.

Faust

Enthusiast
Look at the mail addon of dragonbyte. In the newest version he has throtteling in it.
I have this on my forum, but disabled

yeswecan

Participant
What is this ?

DragonByte Mail 4.4.0b1
New Feature: Ability to limit the maximum number of emails per hour

Faust

Enthusiast

DragonByte Mail 4.4.0b1
New Feature: Ability to limit the maximum number of emails per hour
Thanks. Will have a look now.