Alexa Rating and Google PR Question

I just looked at this for my site: http://www.iwebtool.com/www.duelingclub.com/forums

And it listed my Google PR as 5, total Google Listings as 20,500 and Alexa Rating as: 5,060,178 and gave this quote:

You have a good Google rank. Your website is trusted by most known users and companies. You have a very poor alexa ranking. iWEBTOOL would recommend you to optimize your site or try to start up a service to attract users.
How do I optimize my Alexa rating? And Google PR?

Thanks

DMB

vBulletin User
How to optimize Alexa?

1. Install Alexa toolbar
2. Place one of the Alexa graphics which show your stats.

Ted S

Tazmanian Master
Alexa ratings are based on the number of people with their toolbar or a piece of software which links to their toolbar who visit your site. IMO it is far from accurate and even as a general sampling tool can not be trusted unless you rank extremely well. Boosting your Alexa ranking really doesn't mean a whole lot.

As far as your PR ranking, that can be boosted by increasing the number of quality inbound links, decreasing the number of outbound links (mainly those that do not link back to you), making a more circular linking structure, having longer established pages and domains and building all altogether more spider friendly site. PR basically means the number of links coming in against the number going out. Of course it is far more complex than that and as of late, having some outbound links has become important too, but you want relational links to quality sites and preferably sites that link back to you as well.

Newmanium said:
How to optimize Alexa?

1. Install Alexa toolbar
2. Place one of the Alexa graphics which show your stats.
Alexa sounds umm... yes. Toolbars. I hate toolbars. They are :badwords: Useless :badwords:

As for Page Rank, inbound links. That means I need to go scour competition now and hopefully make some "friends" ;)

PS- I was joking with that " " by the way