Alcohol

Echo

Runs with grenades
But we don't (for the most part) tend to continue negative outcomes. EXPERIENCE teaches us not to continue to drink as much alcohol.

By the way, it ain't a "new thing" if you've already been trying it.

All depends when you started "the new thing" I tried that new experience when I was young, it sucked, waited until drinking age here in the US, again it still sucked. Not much for the alcohol or alcoholic way of life for me.

Anton Chigurh

Ultimate Badass
All depends when you started "the new thing" I tried that new experience when I was young, it sucked, waited until drinking age here in the US, again it still sucked. Not much for the alcohol or alcoholic way of life for me.
I was speaking in terms of the study paraphrased in the OP and how it's not remarkable or even in any way surprising..

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
64292F56-00C9-4D51-BE5A-456311EDE747.jpeg

I like royal club shandy its a whooping 0.5% alcohol in it. Its the only thing i drink with alcohol in it.

xmoonlight444

Aspirant
I know in other countries its legal to drink by age 18, which is so young! i didn't have my first drop of alcohol until i was at least 23. Hate it and don't like how it makes me feel and it tastes terrible! the hangovers are not worth it either.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
I know in other countries its legal to drink by age 18, which is so young! i didn't have my first drop of alcohol until i was at least 23. Hate it and don't like how it makes me feel and it tastes terrible! the hangovers are not worth it either.

Its here in the Netherlands 18 now, but few years back beer 5% alcohol it was legal to drink at 16 years.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict

fixer

I'm In My Prime
Modelo especial is my new go to beer, first time i had it was in West Virginia , then again in North Carolina came home and local bars dont have it, got some at the store i like it better than domestic pilsners, it is smooth , refreshing and with no after taste

southernlady

Devotee
I honestly don't remember my first sip of beer (hated it) or wine (so-so) given to me at a very young age by my daddy.

I grew up with an alcoholic mother...so I was over 21 when I had my next try at it. I do remember setting out ONE time to get drunk at home. Took awhile but never again. That was mid 20's. I'm closing in on 65 now.

Last drink of any kind was Dec 1999. Figured out after about 10 years of occasional social drinking that I am literally allergic to all alcohol. One sip, my face turns beet red, gets hot/flushed, swollen. It was leading up to anaphylaxis. So I stopped drinking at all.

I'm the perfect designated driver.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
im in kentucky for a few days , no modelo just drank a few coronas and i have to say i perfer modelo

im in kentucky for a few days

You're in bourbon country friend. Make sure to try some from the local distilleries.

I still don't drink very often but I've finally found some beer I'm fond of. My cousin runs a brewery up north and they make a stout that I really like. I wasn't aware it was 8% or 9% until I'd had three with my meal. It's too smooth and that was probably the first time I ever managed to get semi-drunk off beer alone.

Edit: managed to find it on the web: https://untappd.com/b/rusty-gold-brewing-crows-fly-at-midnight/2514334

If you're ever visiting Pittsburgh give the place a try. Tell them the hick part of the family sent you their way. They'll know who you're talking about. ;)

fixer

I'm In My Prime
ill be in pittsburg next year! will do thanks

ill be in pittsburg next year! will do thanks

Small world. Hopefully the owner is in there when you go. Ask the staff he's more than happy to come to the table if he's in and tell him his redneck cousin sent you. Also they offer a sample of every beer currently on tap as a special so you can sample them all. I couldn't finish it because some weren't to my liking and it's a lot of beer in one sitting for someone that doesn't drink very often so it might be best to split it with a friend. Anyway, it isn't too expensive and it's a good way to start off in there. It's how I figured out which one I liked. If you're a fan of Corona they make several beers with a good punch of lime in them.

The food is really good too. I didn't sample much of that because I'd just driven all day and all I wanted to do was get drunk and pass out. The person that went with me liked their burgers though. Make sure you put a thumb tack in the map on your way in it's tradition and they're trying to fill it up with at least one visit from a person from every state/country. They're making decent progress. Look for the one from NC that's from my visit. :)

GutsySports

Aspirant
Wow I can definitely see that most Americans would do that before the legal age they can drink. Nowadays it's so easy to get alcohol, even from your parents if they aren't wise about it.