Question Adblock Plus and making posts

GTB

Tazmanian
If they don't stay ontop of the false positives then, people will begin to question the usefulness of Adblock

Did you miss me pointing out that I've tested copying that topic title and content from first post onto my Burning Board using same Radactor editor and posted same reply to it that got blocked here - but didn't on my own forum, neither was it blocked on the phpBB 3.1 forum either. So perhaps you're blaming ABP to quickly because it seems to be an issue only with Radactor in XF and not getting blocked with it in WBB.

I'm just pointing out my own findings testing it yesterday, that it isn't happening across all forum platforms. As I said before, maybe it could have something to do with an older version of Radactor XF use, or even maybe the way they've custom implemented it seeing as WBB using same editor and not getting blocked same as here?

You should probably report it to XF and see what they think?

Last edited:

Sysnative

Habitué
I guess it just boils down to a difference of opinion. IMHO since it is ADBLOCKER that is performing the intervention then THEY are the ones that need to resolve the issue against false positives.
That's like expecting Microsoft to modify one of their files because AVG detects it as a virus (although with Windows, you can never know :D ).
I'd be reporting it to ABP to have them fix their interception algorithms.

Half the arguments here are claiming that the site owner doesn't need to worry about this though... they do. It might need to be ABP that fixes the issue by changing their filters, but site owners and XF devs are the ones that should be reporting the issue.

The Sandman