Active Members Group

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Earlier this month we added an "Active Members" usergroup to TAZ. Initially, this meant only that you were bestowed with an "Active Member" banner and a new username markup color. However, I've decided that I would also remove most of the ads on TAZ for Active Users as well. :)

To become an Active Member, all you need to do is make a certain amount of posts per month (not that many really). This upgrade goes both ways - active members must maintain their activity or else they will slip back to being normal members again. :)

VonDoom

XenForo FTW
Thats pretty cool.. As a long time member of Taz i have to say moving to XF sure has made a big difference here.. For whatever reason i was barely ever compelled to visit let alone post.. Today my iPhone has it listed as one of my most frequently visited sites.
unnamed (1).jpg
lol i really hope those arnt listed in order.. I really hope i visit my own forums more then TAZ..

Sylvain

Enthusiast
To be honest, I was preferring when ads were visible..... It gave me good placement ideas for my forum :)

Kyrie

Habitué
I didn't even notice there was advertisements.

I would love if they were turned on again.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Very nice. I thought the active users meant that the user was online. Though I now see the little green corner flag on the user's avatar that notes the user is online. It would be nicer if it were made more visible.

Emen

Aspirant
This is an interesting concept, I like how you reward member for their activity!

VICE

tool
Kinda think about it, why am I still a Premium Member?
Feel somewhat honored and it did made Romeo slightly jelly.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Earlier this month we added an "Active Members" usergroup to TAZ. Initially, this meant only that you were bestowed with an "Active Member" banner and a new username markup color. However, I've decided that I would also remove most of the ads on TAZ for Active Users as well. :)

To become an Active Member, all you need to do is make a certain amount of posts per month (not that many really). This upgrade goes both ways - active members must maintain their activity or else they will slip back to being normal members again. :)
I was wondering if the "Active Member" usergroup would have any perks other than the rank badge and username markup.
That's really great incentive for members to stay active, as I know there are quite a few who prefer not to see ads enough to install browser extensions like ad-block. I think that's a really great move The Sandman!

Kinda think about it, why am I still a Premium Member?
Well. Premium members have other perks too - like access to posting in the Classifieds & Premium Member sections, as well as access to the new Shoutbox. Pair that with no adverts and knowing you've contributed to TAZ and that's why you should keep your Premium membership and others should purchase :D

For those interested in becoming a Premium member - see the Account Upgrades page ;)

J.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Well. Premium members have other perks too - like access to posting in the Classifieds & Premium Member sections, as well as access to the new Shoutbox. Pair that with no adverts and knowing you've contributed to TAZ and that's why you should keep your Premium membership and others should purchase :D

:yup:

And don't forget, Premium Members also get access to Pushover, for smartphone alerts from TAZ! :tup: