A new mobile app!

R0binHood

Habitué
Have you just installed the new mobile suite?

Got a notification prompting me to link with Facebook messenger. Can’t see where in my account settings I can edit it though.

R0binHood

Habitué
The TAZ fav icon has now been replaced by the TMA logo in my phone, which is a bit confusing

R0binHood

Habitué
Cool! Is it an actual app or is it the mobile suite thing?

The desktop alerts seem to be working well for me, I haven't received any Fbook messenger alerts though since the prompt asked me to sign up for them.

tmapps

Participant
The desktop alerts seem to be working well for me, I haven't received any Fbook messenger alerts though since the prompt asked me to sign up for them.
If you have any issues, send them to help@tma.li, as that's where we provide support for the Mobile Suite and do it the fastest.

For this issue specifically, which has been reported a few times recently, it turns out that after clicking the send to messenger button, they didn't complete the process on Facebook by clicking the buttons there so they never actually signed up to receive Facebook alerts.

Log out/clear your cookies and log back in to receive the FB send to messenger prompt again and you should be set.

R0binHood

Habitué
As a user where do I manage alerts on the forum for my account? Desktop or otherwise?

R0binHood

Habitué
Nice, I swear I checked there the other day and the push options weren’t there. Must be going mad.

Is there any way to differentiate between desktop and mobile push?

For example a user may always want mobile notifications for PM conversations, but not when someone has liked their post.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Nice, I swear I checked there the other day and the push options weren’t there. Must be going mad.

Is there any way to differentiate between desktop and mobile push?

For example a user may always want mobile notifications for PM conversations, but not when someone has liked their post.
LOL. There's so many options is not that difficult being a bit lost.
But no probs. It's rather intuitive actually. Just click your avatar in the upper right-hand corner:
2018-02-06_13-57-30.png

EDIT: Ugh... May not have answered your specific concern...
I'm not really sure about the push notifications. A staff member will be able to assist though.

R0binHood

Habitué
Thanks Jacquii, but that's for Pushover, a separate mobile notification system. I can't use that anyway as it's a premium members only feature.

I was wondering if through this new mobile suite if you could pick which alerts get sent to both mobile and desktop. I'm guessing you can't, so it's more of a potential suggestion to tmapps.

PoetJC

Thanks Jacquii, but that's for Pushover, a separate mobile notification system. I can't use that anyway as it's a premium members only feature.

I was wondering if through this new mobile suite if you could pick which alerts get sent to both mobile and desktop. I'm guessing you can't, so it's more of a potential suggestion to tmapps.
R0binHood ... IDK if you had your concerns addressed. But I just noticed a new Push Notifications link in the account dropdown menu. And I've actually enabled it just to see how well it works. See https://theadminzone.com/tap.php?active=1&event_type=user_push_preference&event_scope=mobile-suite .. I don't see any specific ways of customizing which notifications are pushed though. Perhaps tmapps or The Sandman can clarify...

J.

PoetJC

link takes you to home page?
Hmmm. It may be a .js prompt. All I know is I saw the link in the accounts dropdown menu when browsing the New Posts section:
2018-02-09_11-15-52.png

You may actually need to have alerts available in order to access the link? Seems a bit odd. Seems like there should be a clear opt-in option in user preferences, alert preferences or some such. So... I'm not sure :unsure:

J.

Floyd R Turbo

Adherent
I've allowed push notifications and I'm getting them on my desktop but I don't see that link in my menu

PoetJC

I've allowed push notifications and I'm getting them on my desktop but I don't see that link in my menu
Neither do I ... any longer...
Kinda bizarre actually. I don't see a way to opt-out either - unless literally editing Windows 10 desktop notifications.
IDK... Kinda odd.

J.

tmapps

Participant
The link will redirect you to the homepage and re-prompt, and only be visible if you've dismissed notifications (either temporarily via Cancel or permanently via Never).

PoetJC

The link will redirect you to the homepage and re-prompt, and only be visible if you've dismissed notifications (either temporarily via Cancel or permanently via Never).
Where are the "Cancel" and/or "Never" options located?
Thanks for the info.

J.