A new forum script is coming.....

ragtek

Adherent
So, was this coded by maria, her daughter, her nephew, her dog or are you probably even another alter ego of kier who left xf years ago... sorry i HAD to post this after some people started with the rumors some weeks ago:D ?

ChrisTERiS

Participant
ragtek
As I'm unsure for your real meaning, I'm letting your post uncommented. But I remember you: C living in A.

ragtek

Adherent
aencrypted_tbn2_gstatic_com_images_539e9aba1be226707e311a923de22dba._.jpg
I'm talking about the vborg comedy also know as maria = her daughter = you = some other accounts... But never mind, if one doesn't get the joke, it's boring:(
I was trying to be funny:D

Last edited:

ChrisTERiS

Participant
ragtek My dear, when someone (for some special reasons) must appears like another person, he/she must follows some rules. And the main one is that you never admit it :) . When the time came, and that special reason didn't existed anymore, I was the one who said it. And be sure, that all those names/persons are real ones.

In any case I'm glad that we talked again after so many years. I've seen you at xF site and once I wanted to contacted you to aske you something, but you've gone from there, or banned from there, don't really remember.

Last edited:

Danielx64

Developer
I can see some real competition conning along here, are you starting from the ground up or did you fork another project?

With that said, good luck :)

Adam H

** Retired **
Nothing wrong with another free forum script for people to choose in my opinion, especially with the current options available are phpbb , MyBB and SMF. Anything remotely in the same league as xenforo, IPB, vbulletin and WBB on a free level cant be a bad thing.

Good luck Chris with your venture, although i have to say i hate the name. Build a brand with some originality :)

Jura

Devotee
Will be sticking to IPB.

Maybe try using a more minimalist default theme. Might give better first impressions.

Danielx64

Developer
Nothing wrong with another free forum script for people to choose in my opinion, especially with the current options available are phpbb , MyBB and SMF. Anything remotely in the same league as xenforo, IPB, vbulletin and WBB on a free level cant be a bad thing.

Good luck Chris with your venture, although i have to say i hate the name. Build a brand with some originality :)
Yeah nothing wrong with another free forum script to chose from, and I agree with the comment about the name.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Danielx64
It's a new project build around an idea that I got so unexpected, reading from here and there threads like "Is Facebook killing forums?" etc etc.

Thank you Adam H I'm not sure if you hate the name of "foro" or something else that I didn't got, but as I wrote many times before this name/domain used only for demostration purposes. The real script will has a Greek name.

ChrisTERiS

Participant
Will be sticking to IPB.

Maybe try using a more minimalist default theme. Might give better first impressions.
I think so too. You see, I've designed part by part and they appeared to be ok. Just before my post I put them all together and it's true, just like you, I found it to be a bit heavy.

Adam H

** Retired **
Danielx64

Thank you Adam H I'm not sure if you hate the name of "foro" or something else that I didn't got, but as I wrote many times before this name/domain used only for demostration purposes. The real script will has a Greek name.
Hi Chris, I apologies i didnt read the rest of the thread as didnt want to get influenced by others opinions until i had taken a look. Im not against Foro......i just dont think it would be the right approach or the reference to "faceBOOK" . But as you say if its for demo purposes then great :)

ChrisTERiS

Participant
great...... when is this coming out.. beta release?
The only part of the code that left out and I'm working on it now is the convertation system. Then I need to build the parts all together as I've split the project in parts. Maximum by the end of May. My schedule is 20 of May, but let's give a space of 10 days more.

3rdAngle

Participant
i say if you want to carve a new market... but with more number of users... focus on getting the mobile UX/UI right... that's where all new users are going.

Also try to incorporate upvote and downvote of threads or topics...

Good luck.. i will be using this on my new project once it is released..