A few presale questions

Doug Heffernan

Enthusiast
Hello,

I looked around your forum, but I could not find the info that I was looking for. How much does a license cost and what are the renewal terms? Is there any link to developing plugins? I am using Smf and I have coded several plugins for it. I would like to code for WoltLab too. Are you providing support in english as well? The reason that I am asking is that it has been my impression from hear say that your main language is german. Thank you.

dtdesign

Developer
Hello,

The forum license is available for EUR 99,99 (19% VAT, EUR 84,06 for customers outside the EU), including access to all new version and ticket support for 1 year. Can be renewed for EUR 49,99 (19% VAT, EUR 42,01 for customers outside the EU) for each additional year.

You can find the quick start guide in our docs, or ask in our community if you need to know something.

Are you providing support in english as well? The reason that I am asking is that it has been my impression from hear say that your main language is german.
Absolutely, and the entire source code is also in English. The Core is available on GitHub in full: https://github.com/WoltLab/WCF/.

Nabix

I’ve wanted to give woltlab a try for the longest time. But, to be honest, I can’t find any really great themes that stand out. I may be alone in that buy I’ve also never themed in woltlab before.

I think next project, I’ll give woltlab a shot. :)

dtdesign

Doug Heffernan

Enthusiast
I’ve wanted to give woltlab a try for the longest time. But, to be honest, I can’t find any really great themes that stand out. I may be alone in that buy I’ve also never themed in woltlab before.

I think next project, I’ll give woltlab a shot. :)

dtdesign
I have looked around at their forums and it looks pretty good. Also from their documentation it seems that coding and styling for woltlab is not complicated. And the price is very reasonable. I will give it a shot too. See you there Nabix :D

Nabix

I have looked around at their forums and it looks pretty good. Also from their documentation it seems that coding and styling for woltlab is not complicated. And the price is very reasonable. I will give it a shot too. See you there Nabix :D
I'm considering starting a sci-fi fan forum or something like an 'dime-a-dozen' gaming forum but very focused on core aspects. :tup:

Let me know when you do, and we can team up, throw ideas at each other.

Doug Heffernan

Enthusiast
I'm considering starting a sci-fi fan forum or something like an 'dime-a-dozen' gaming forum but very focused on core aspects. :tup:

Let me know when you do, and we can team up, throw ideas at each other.
Will do :tup:

Jason5

Adherent
I think someone is looking for Woltlab License, i am missing the chance of selling my license.

haqzore

Devotee
Not much to add except I enjoyed using WBB the short time I had a site on it.

haqzore

Devotee
Just out of curiosity, how active was the community there?
Not very active at all. It was a spur-of-the-moment idea that required a calendar, so it seemed like a good excuse to buy a WBB license & try it out.

I'm not qualified to speak of its performance under load 😋

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Love WoltLab! They were the second forum i ever joined up in years and years ago... space game, epic skin and lots of features

:)

gogo

Ali.Ch

Aspirant
I moved two of my forums to WBB and I should say I am more than happy.

Fast, easy to upgrade and optimized.

There is lack of some plugins such as Wordpress bridge for example which is not important for many people I guess...

All in all 200% satisfied.