9 Methods of Message Forum Promotion

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Shawn G submitted a new Article:

Welcome to another one of my articles. In this article, I will be discussing nine methods of promoting a message forum but in full detail. There are many articles that are like this one except the methods and tips are shorts as if the author is just winging them out to let you decide what the meaning of tips are. So I wanted to make a good article with a lot of details and information for each tip to give you all some sort of foundation to start on.

I hope you enjoy my article about message forum promotion. Please feel free to comment after you have read the article with further ideas for promotion and experiences. You may share this article on other websites, blogs and forums as long as you keep all text intact and leave a link to this original article page on the page with the article. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this article as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Submit to Search Engines

In this day and age, you don't have to submit to search engines if you don't want to and the bigger engines will likely find your forum. However, it doesn't hurt to submit to the search engines anyways so that the engine can find your forum a lot faster especially as you are making fresh new content on the community and need it to be indexed. I would recommend visiting Google and submitting your forum to it. You only need to do it once, there isn't any good reason to submit it more than once and in some cases, you could get blacklisted for submitting it more than once as it could be seen as spam.

Don't stop at Google! Yeah, Google may be the best search engine out there and the most important one to optimize your forum for but there are also other fish in the sea. Just search for the top 20 search engines or something like that and see about getting your forum linked on each one. The more search engines you have crawling your forum, the more listings you will have and the more traffic and members you might be able to get. I would suggest that you stay away from search engines in China and other non-English parts of the world as that is where the majority of spam bots, bad bots and bandwidth suckers will come from.

It is also a good idea to keep tabs on the search engines keeping tabs on your forum. Set the forum to show search engine names on your who's online list (you may have to look for an add-on pending what forum software you use) and keep track of those engines that visit the most. Then go to that search...

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_aaf

Aspirant
Great article.

One way we get a bit of promotion relatively in expensively is to get bumper stickers printed up to hand out.

Works well for us :)

ThisOldMan

Wordsmith
I like that last part about eBooks. It's something that I have never tried before. I know I can write because people are paying me to write for them. So what kind of tools do I need to write an eBook?

TheMaster_aaf

Aspirant
Fantastic tutorial dude, it will help a lot of new comers that are looking to start their own forum. This is the kinda of tutorial you find in a e-book and you just posted and I appreciate that.. I'm going to link people to this when they ask for my help.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Great article.

One way we get a bit of promotion relatively in expensively is to get bumper stickers printed up to hand out.

Works well for us :)

Yeah for those of you considering this... go check out www.vistaprint.com I have got a lot of stuff from them, cheap and durable too! They also give a lot of free stuff away, too.