4.5: Theme update

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
Yesterday, I spoke about the changes to the CSS for 4.5 and today we've revealed the new default theme for Invision Community 4.5

Let me know what you think!

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Looking really good. I might be inclined to increase the text contrast by a small amount in the header area (the breadcrumb etc.) but that's probably a personal preference due to aging eyesight :)

Very nice :tup:

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Yesterday, I spoke about the changes to the CSS for 4.5 and today we've revealed the new default theme for Invision Community 4.5

Let me know what you think!

Matt, we're really liking the new IPB...we just upgraded today to 4.4, been using IPB since 2005 and very very pleased :) The work on the new default is easier on the eyes to read, colors brighter always works for me.

We've actually changed to using the default theme from IPB today and tomorrow as we repair the skin after we upgraded to 4.4

Was wondering if I could ask about the Members widget?

We always run it along our right side for last 100 members...its a beautiful list with lots of colors and effects...gets people excited when they land on our page, discuss and get our game downloads.

We've noticed though after the upgrade to this latest IPB today that while the Who's Online at the top of our forum is showing distinct group colors, the Members widget along the right side is not picking up any of the code that mirrors those groups as it used to before this upgrade.
We've changed a few times the way we display colors but we're not able to get it back.
Is they're something we're missing? That members list with all the different group colors was an outstanding and beautiful effect that would constantly change colors and placement... we're looking hard to get it back.
Thanks!
:)

gogo

Last edited:

Nabix

Matt M

Could you give me an ETA for this release? Reason I ask is because I literally just finished completely editing the default theme for my site lol

Looks fantastic btw!

R0binHood

Habitué
Looks very nice Matt.

I still think squares with rounded edges are the best out of the box look for avatars on forums, but everything else looks pretty good :tup:

Matt M

Director Development at Invision Community
Matt, we're really liking the new IPB...we just upgraded today to 4.4, been using IPB since 2005 and very very pleased :) The work on the new default is easier on the eyes to read, colors brighter always works for me.

We've actually changed to using the default theme from IPB today and tomorrow as we repair the skin after we upgraded to 4.4

Was wondering if I could ask about the Members widget?

We always run it along our right side for last 100 members...its a beautiful list with lots of colors and effects...gets people excited when they land on our page, discuss and get our game downloads.

We've noticed though after the upgrade to this latest IPB today that while the Who's Online at the top of our forum is showing distinct group colors, the Members widget along the right side is not picking up any of the code that mirrors those groups as it used to before this upgrade.
We've changed a few times the way we display colors but we're not able to get it back.
Is they're something we're missing? That members list with all the different group colors was an outstanding and beautiful effect that would constantly change colors and placement... we're looking hard to get it back.
Thanks!
:)

gogo
I'll take a look at that.

Matt M

Could you give me an ETA for this release? Reason I ask is because I literally just finished completely editing the default theme for my site lol

Looks fantastic btw!
Very soon. We'll be releasing a live alpha site very soon.

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
I'll take a look at that.

Thank you!

Here's three pics from before and after so the impact can be seen... I'm showing the halloween skin and default now because its easiest for me to find a before pic that I uploaded to Taz before.

We have tried new skins, new ways to display color groups, but nothing seems to bring back the color groupings in Members list... but its working properly in our members online widget on top of our forum

The colors were important because they display supporting members who purchase memberships, who members can reach for if they need help, Admins, Mods, and specific games that they sign up for :)

Before- Halloween ... Members group shows many different color groupings, supporting members, admin staff, gaming clans

memberbefore.png

After/Now - Halloween ... No colors are showing,all just showing up as hyper link color

memberlist2020.jpg

After/Now - Default... No colors are showing,all just showing up as hyper link color.

membersdefault.jpg

Last edited:

JLT

Aspirant
This new 4.5 theme is perfect. Probably the best looking forums software to date. It looks much better than 4.4 which looks extremely outdated