3.2 forum permissions

totaltutankoll

Aspirant
Hoi, I want to lock out guests from reading on the forum I'm setting up. Since not getting Vanilla to work I went back to basics and installed a phpbb 3.2 forum.

Everything is fine except I cannot lock out guests from reading the threads. I'm a member of another phpbb forum which seems to be slightly older and on that one I can see the categories and the forums but not read the content.

Thought it was a slamdunk to set up this forum the same but really really not!

The guides I've found on the subject basically suck so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

salem

Adherent
As far as I can see there's not much difference (tested)

In ACP select Forums >scroll down on the left to forum permissions >and select the forum you don't want guests to read >
Highlight guests and select > At role choose "no access"

Alternatively
Choose advanced permissions for that forum >action >set can read to no (Not never) this shows the forum but guests can't read the topics
If you want to hide it all together check "Can see" To no as well .

For any other forum on the board you want the same permissions for then use "Copy permission From" the forum you just edited permissions

Leave at least one forum open to view or you'll get the dreaded "This board has no forums "
message to guests or have to edit the message code

totaltutankoll

Aspirant
As far as I can see there's not much difference (tested)

In ACP select Forums >scroll down on the left to forum permissions >and select the forum you don't want guests to read >
Highlight guests and select > At role choose "no access"

Alternatively
Choose advanced permissions for that forum >action >set can read to no (Not never) this shows the forum but guests can't read the topics
If you want to hide it all together check "Can see" To no as well .

For any other forum on the board you want the same permissions for then use "Copy permission From" the forum you just edited permissions

Leave at least one forum open to view or you'll get the dreaded "This board has no forums "
message to guests or have to edit the message code
Hoi, thanks. It was part technical and part stupidity (like blind..) on my side. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! What I can tell guests can now see the forum but not read the threads. Just like I want it to be :D