10 Ways to Advertise Your Forum (Part #1)

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Shawn G submitted a new Article:

By: Shawn J. Gossman

Everyone is looking for ideas to advertise their forum! The topic can be made discussed until it is dead and then revived and discussed again over and over again. So I thought I would ring in with a big article about the many ways to advertise a forum. I hope you enjoy this article and I hope that my methods and ideas can help get the word out about your forum and get you more traffic and members! This is 1 of 5 articles I will be posting with ways to advertise your forum.

1. Articles - Writing an article based on the niche of your forum is a good idea because people will usually read it. You need to be unique with the article and give something to the reader to make them want to click on your link and see more. I suggest adding your link (if possible) near the top of the article by your name (exp. By: John Doe, Owner of SomeForum.com) or at the bottom of the article with a marketing language attached (exp. For more information about this subject, check out SomeForum.com). You should write a lot of articles because the more of your articles that are read, the more reputation you build up for you and your forum. Post the articles on others sites besides your forum so that others can see them and you could possible get more back links in the process.

2. Signature Links - You should join other forums within your niche and outside your niche and add your forum to your signature link (if permitted, don't spam!). When adding the link, I suggest you add a short link with a short description and don't use huge font sizes and banners because it can make you appear to be desperate or even worse, a spammer. When you advertise through signature links, you need to go to the forum with being an active poster in mind rather than plugging your forum. Go post new topics and replies that contribute to the forum. Welcome new members on other forums. Help members on other forums. Befriend others on other forum and they will likely want to check your forum out as well. The main reason for signature linking on other forums is to build up a positive reputation which will likely make other members more curious about you and your signature's forum link.

3. Blogs - Consider writing a blog all about your forum's niche. Be active on the blog and advertise the blog here and there to help get readers and traffic. You can link to your forum on the blog and it will be shown to your readers. If you provide your reader...

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: