10 post minimum requirement

ChopSuey

Fan
PM's to Staff Only
Read Only: Community Cooperative
Unable to Join User Groups

These are the 3 I've bounced off of that I hope to get around in a few posts time, but like I said I can see the purpose and I accept it
Don't worry, your 2 posts away :D
FireShot%20capture%20%23008.jpg

I guess that when I saw this ^^, I mistakingly thought that meant those sections (and one other, near the top of the page) were also restricted. Plus it seemed that I ran into the problem before I went and tried to post in the Community Cooperative.... maybe I was wrong about that.

Oh, and thanks for the welcomes!
And your 1 post away! :tiphat:

Yowzer

Aspirant
Ok, I've said my piece and I've reached the required number of posts so no more whining from me. LOL!

FYI, though - there is apparently more than just one place where posting doesn't increase your post count. This post should be #14 for me but is only showing up as 11. Someone stated that they thought that was just for the 'fun & games' section but I only have 2 posts there... not sure why I have a third one that didn't count. I think if all of my posts got me closer to the 10 required, this wouldn't have been nearly as frustrating, js

Ferrari353

Adherent
Ok, I've said my piece and I've reached the required number of posts so no more whining from me. LOL!

FYI, though - there is apparently more than just one place where posting doesn't increase your post count. This post should be #14 for me but is only showing up as 11. Someone stated that they thought that was just for the 'fun & games' section but I only have 2 posts there... not sure why I have a third one that didn't count. I think if all of my posts got me closer to the 10 required, this wouldn't have been nearly as frustrating, js
I'm pretty sure it's for ALL the off-topic sections....I think it's intros and chitchat....

Tierney

Aspirant
To be honest, as a new member, I don't care if I need ten posts, because I know that I will get there soon enough.

vijayninel

Ave atque vale
Ah ...so there is a ten post limitation for some forums here ... never realized.

Its not much IMHO .. I have a 50 posts + 1 month requirement on my forum.

mrthomas

Developer
I don't think there should be a 10 post limit to PM. I just want to contact some users about their advertisements for needing mods e.t.c

Maxis010

Enthusiast
I don't think there should be a 10 post limit to PM. I just want to contact some users about their advertisements for needing mods e.t.c

Drop 10 posts to PM and spammers can lurk in the PM system without revealing themselfs to Staff until someone bothers to report them

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Other bigger forums don't have this rule. People will report spam PM's.

We get hardly any PM spam here and some other large forums on similar topics get a ton of it.

Reporting it isn't going to solve the problem, it makes it so PM spammers will be caught but they'll only be caught after they've managed to send a bunch of spam PMs. The 10 posts rule however prevents most PM spam from ever being sent.

blahblahblah2

Adherent
The poutine ? Im not offended by your cooking necessarily ... what's in it ? What the hell is that ?!?!?! Hmmm I might possibly be offended by it ... jury's still out.

Guy who started this ... take a deep breath and welcome to the forum. U are well on your way past the 10 post mark now. Are U offended by my dancing banana ? :banana: It doesnt care .... it just likes to shake its groove thang.

wolfbro7

Neophyte
Just out of curiosity, when was the 10 post rule implemented? I mostly lurk and I haven't visited here in a number of months.

Thanks!

Also, having had to deal with PM spammers, this isn't a bad idea. I think I'll suggest it on our board (well, maybe not 10 posts, perhaps 3-5)

Sue7M3

Neophyte
Poutine is a Canadian dish- french fries and cheese curds smothered in gravy. My dad, who's Canadian, loves it, and got my husband hooked on it too! I prefer it without the curds. :)

Needles

Aspirant
Yet have over 10 posts. Still cannot edit my signature. My guess it's the cron job about usergroup promotions.

Joshuad

Developer
I don't think there was such a limitation when I registered...which is good considering I typically only post in the resourcesforums ;)

mrthomas

Developer
I think that posting in community co-operative should be 10 posts. But basic things like PMing a member, makes it hard to communicate. I just want to contact members if they need staff. I don't want to be forced to post.

Blind Bandit

Fanatic
I think that posting in community co-operative should be 10 posts. But basic things like PMing a member, makes it hard to communicate. I just want to contact members if they need staff. I don't want to be forced to post.

As has been said. Its to prevent spam. TAZ has a lot of spam the staff has to deal with. Its also a good forum practice in general.