10,000 Page Followers

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
My local outdoor recreation brand's Facebook page recently went over 10,000 followers.

I've turned it into a very active page. I get a lot of visitors and comments on it each day.

10,000 followers weren't easy. It took over 5-years to get there without cheating. Cheating to me is follow-for-follow or buying followers.

The best advice I can give on how to get there is:
  1. Post native content at least 80% of the time. This means upload photos, upload video, and stay away from external links. Make sure the content your posting is unique to your Facebook page.
  2. Be active daily. Post at least once a day but 4 to 8 times a day is going to be better.
  3. Post questions to your followers. This or that types questions are answered quicker because you're giving followers a choice rather than them having to think about it.
  4. Post on other pages as your page. Provide thoughtful comments and be friendly. You'll get noticed.
  5. Axe out the bad stuff. If toxic drama starts happening, delete it. I've kept my page family friendly and most people are satisfied with that.
Those are my tips! I'm excited to watch the page grow.

Have any of you got a page at 10K or higher yet?

FTL

Adherent
Be active daily. Post at least once a day but 4 to 8 times a day is going to be better.
That sounds like a lot of hard work! You have to be totally focused on your page to maintain this level of activity. Glad it paid off for you.

My hobby forum is a much more sedate, relaxed, low maintenance affair. As long as I've got some activity, which I do now courtesy of some great members, I'm good. It will grow in time, no rush.

woody

eternal noobie
21,000 followers on one page, last time I posted was Dec 2020 :) Used to be on a very consistent once-every-6-months schedule too...ah well.

14,000 on my other page, last post was April and that video got a 725,000 reach.