This simple product allows you to define what chracters will be permitted in thread/post titles using regex. You may elect to use HTML5 form validation when the user's browser supports it, but if you choose not to use this method, or the user's browser doesn't support it, then a message will be displayed above the editor block advising the user that they have illegal characters in their thread/post title if applicable. They will not be allowed to submit their post until the title has the illegal characters removed. You may define the CSS applied to the error message.
If a user has illegal characters in their thread/post title, and you have HTML5 form validation on and the user's browser supports the validation, then when they attempt to preview or submit their post, they will see something like:
Otherwise, they will see something like:
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.