This product will allow you to decide what BBCode content you wish to hide from guests/users on your site. You can also choose to hide user signatures from guests/users too. Hidden content is replaced with a link to your registration page for guests, and a simple message for restricted usergroups. In posts, this link or message is placed inside a block element so that it stands out.
Guests will see the following:
Members of restricted usergroups/users that have not replied will see the following:
You are given the option to merge the defined list of BBCodes in the product "MarkFL: Enhanced View Forum Posts". This way, you may choose to define the list in one place and have both products hide the same BBCodes.
- Now allows usergroups to be restricted from seeing the defined list of BBCodes and signatures.
- Posts containing the symbols "<" and/or ">" will now display correctly to those from whom BBCodes are being hidden.
- Fixed bug where the $vbulletin array need to be global for some users.
- Messages to guests/users now phrased to allow for translations.
- Added setting to allow hiding of BBCodes/Signatures from users until they reply to a thread.
- Added setting for "Active Forums" in which the product is active.
- Added separate usergroup selection for usergroups whose members must reply to a thread before the hidden BBCodes/signatures are revealed.
- Added setting to allow for internal links to be hidden.
- Added settings to allow individual threads/posts to be ignored by product.
- Fixed reported issue with inline attached images.
- Moved function to external script to avoid redeclaration error.
- Minor bug fix.
- Added setting to allow excluding threads by prefixid.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the files from the "upload" folder to your root folder on your server.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.