This product is an addon for Abe1's "Force Users to Read a Thread." You must have version 2.10 of this product installed before you can install this addon. If you later uninstall or disable Abe1's product, then this addon will not function (to prevent db errors).
If you are like the members of the administrative team at the site I help administrate, you have found Abe1's product to be quite useful in calling to the attention of your users certain important matters on your site. We have found that we invariably use the same settings...sitewide, all users must read, expires in 1 week, etc., and so we felt it would be nice to be able to define a default set of settings and have that apply, yet still leave the full functionality of Abe1's product if needed.
And so, this product allows you to define a "default set" of settings for your force read threads, so that you can simply click a checkbox when posting to set threads as force read, using the default settings.
If a thread has previously been set as force read, then you can reset it (so that everyone must read it again), or you can unset it to remove all force read settings associated with the thread.
It will also allow you to permit other usergroups/users to set threads as force read, using the default settings, even if they cannot actually administrate threads. For the default settings, you can set whether the force read expires, and if so, in how many days. You can also set the usergroups which are forced to read these default set threads. For the location, you can choose for the thread to be force read sitewide, or only within the forum in which the thread resides.
Lastly, you can decide which force read controls you wish to appear in the Quick Reply editor element. If you post using the Quick Reply, and have one of the "Force Read Thread" checkboxes checked, then the page will be reparsed so that the Quick Reply form will be correctly updated.
- Included missing template for advanced reply/edit and newthread.
- Fixed plugin that adds a custom template hook.
- Admin options processing more efficient.
- Template now cached.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forum's root directory.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.