This product is aimed at discouraging your users from trampling the help posted by another member. I help administrate a math help forum, and our rules do not allow for people to post explanations of hints or a full solution within 24 hours of someone else posting help. This gives the OP time to respond to the initial help that was posted.
However, we get some that ignore this and go right ahead and ignore the judicious help posted by another aimed at getting the student to do the heavy lifting, and go ahead and post a full solution, thereby devaluing the help already posted. Our goal is to help a student learn, not do their homework for them.
This product will display an alert if the last post in a thread was not posted by the OP nor by the user attempting to post and if this last post was posted within the threshold in hours that you define in the settings.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.