Site Security Keeping Your Community Safe from Hackers and Other Unwelcome Visitors.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Cool Guy on Taz

Admin Experience: Advanced
fattony69 is a glorious beacon of lightfattony69 is a glorious beacon of lightfattony69 is a glorious beacon of light
Default List of Temporary Emails that You Should Ban
I recently had a small issue where I had to deal with a human troll. Now, he decided to take the route of temporary emails to harass my forum. I thought I'd help everyone out to list them all (that I've found with the help of others) so you can ban them all on your forum.

*@7tags.com
*@*.mailexpire.com
*@0clickemail.com
*@99experts.com
*@ak.mintemail.com
*@anonymbox.com
*@beefmilk.com
*@bloatbox.com
*@bofthew.com
*@broadbandninja.com
*@bspamfree.org
*@cellurl.com
*@consumerriot.com
*@cool.fr.nf
*@courriel.fr.nf
*@dayrep.com
*@dealja.com
*@discardmail.com
*@dispostable.com
*@dontsendmespam.de
*@eyepaste.com
*@fakeinbox.com
*@filzmail.com
*@getairmail.com
*@getonemail.com
*@guerillamail.org
*@guerrillamail.biz
*@guerrillamail.com
*@guerrillamail.de
*@guerrillamail.net
*@guerrillamail.org
*@guerrillamailblock.com
*@jetable.fr.nf
*@jetable.org
*@klzlk.com
*@lookugly.com
*@mailcatch.com
*@maileater.com
*@mailexpire.com
*@mailinator.com
*@mailinator.net
*@mailinator2.com
*@mailmetrash.com
*@makemetheking.com
*@mega.zik.dj
*@meltmail.com
*@moburl.com
*@moncourrier.fr.nf
*@monemail.fr.nf
*@monmail.fr.nf
*@mytempemail.com
*@nepwk.com
*@noclickemail.com
*@nomail.xl.cx
*@nospam.ze.tc
*@nospam4.us
*@nospamfor.us
*@nowmymail.com
*@quickinbox.com
*@rtrtr.com
*@sharklasers.com
*@smellfear.com
*@sogetthis.com
*@spam.la
*@spambog.com
*@spambog.ru
*@spamherelots.com
*@spaml.de
*@spamspot.com
*@speed.1s.fr
*@tagyourself.com
*@teleworm.us
*@tempemail.co.za
*@TempEMail.net
*@tempinbox.com
*@temporaryemail.net
*@thisisnotmyrealemail.com
*@tormail.org
*@tradermail.info
*@trash-mail.com
*@trash2009.com
*@trashmail.net
*@tyldd.com
*@uggsrock.com
*@vidchart.com
*@yopmail.com
*@yopmail.fr
*@ypmail.webarnak.fr.eu.org

I use this list on my forum, The Best Forum Ever and you should too!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Beginner
Comeagain has a spectacular aura about
I'm sure addresses from spam.com are legit.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 PM
TAZ Regular

DeathFortress has a spectacular aura about
I agree, but why tor mail?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM
TAZ Regular

DeathFortress has a spectacular aura about
If you're going to ban tormail.org you might as well ban tormail.net because .net is back up (long story)
Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Cool Guy on Taz

fattony69 is a glorious beacon of lightfattony69 is a glorious beacon of lightfattony69 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain View Post
I'm sure addresses from spam.com are legit.
I thought they were. I kept getting Nigerian Princes asking for money. I gave them a lot, but they keep asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFortress View Post
I agree, but why tor mail?
Anonymous is bad. Actually, I got that one from Shawn, the owner of DigitalPoint as he added on to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFortress View Post
If you're going to ban tormail.org you might as well ban tormail.net because .net is back up (long story)
Thanks for the suggestion! Will do.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM
TAZ Rookie

sms2luv is on a distinguished road
Are all people using these email accounts Spammers ?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 AM
TAZ Rookie

Admin Experience: Guru
Shiro is on a distinguished road
No. The email addresses on this list are either disposable, anonymous, or ridiculously easy to signup for. Due to this reason, they are popular with spammers and a lot of forums ban registration from them. There is a small chance you will be locking out legit users as well, so it may be worth it to explain not to use disposable accounts if you use these as a blacklist.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Tazmanian

CMOBOSS is a name known to allCMOBOSS is a name known to allCMOBOSS is a name known to allCMOBOSS is a name known to allCMOBOSS is a name known to allCMOBOSS is a name known to all
This is an easy work around with regards to not allowing your guests to register with certain email addresses. You just need to modify the correct line in your txt error file to inform the user that they need to use x, x, x, x, or x, email account instead of the one they are using. you can also provide a link to a html page of ban'd email addresses for them to look over so they do not continue to waste their time tryin register with ban'd email hosts.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 AM
TAZ Rookie

jasicajhon is on a distinguished road
New accounts need to be verified. If you use a temporary address, there is the chance that you will not be able to verify the account. Some of the services that provide temporary email addresses only supply an account that lasts a matter of minutes. If you are delayed in acting upon the verification email, your account will not be activated. This means that we have another username taken and another piece of data sat around out database doing absolutely nothing.

________
jasicajhon
Old 05-15-2013, 11:47 AM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Intermediate
Abdou is on a distinguished road
Some people may have a legitime email from the list !!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Cool Guy on Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdou View Post
Some people may have a legitime email from the list !!!!
There is no legitimate reason a person really needs a temporary email. If so, please inform me.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:44 AM
TAZ Rookie

blindbuttkicker is on a distinguished road
Just want to say this list is extremely entertaining to block. also has anyone ever had "spam@nohost.com" (fake used but a hilarious one I found in my spam box a while back)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 AM
TAZ Regular

bullryder13 will become famous soon enough
Actually I have a tormail account. I use it because I am a strong believer in privacy and hate giving out my other email address to anyone. However, generally it's probably a good idea to keep tormail on block.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Severe Weather Spotter

Shawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to behold
I have found that by using a strong anti-spam question, there is no need to ban email addresses from a forum. I have actually had a few members that used these free email addresses and they were not spammers. So by banning them, you actually risk losing members. The same goes for systems like Stop Forum Spam especially when you enable username detection. For example, I use "Shawn" as a username on some forums. I have noticed when SFS is enabled, at times I cannot register an account because "Shawn" is banned in the system. Its a common name and there is a loss of members because of it.

My Forums
Blogging Friends - A forum for bloggers specifically.
National Skywarn - Skywarn Storm Spotters Forum.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Tazmanian

Darth_Apple is just really niceDarth_Apple is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Gossman View Post
I have found that by using a strong anti-spam question, there is no need to ban email addresses from a forum. I have actually had a few members that used these free email addresses and they were not spammers. So by banning them, you actually risk losing members. The same goes for systems like Stop Forum Spam especially when you enable username detection. For example, I use "Shawn" as a username on some forums. I have noticed when SFS is enabled, at times I cannot register an account because "Shawn" is banned in the system. Its a common name and there is a loss of members because of it.
Well said. I had a forum that was absolutely hammered with spam not too long ago, and banning emails and IPs didn't work. We simply used very strong questions on the registration form instead, and it did the trick, and certainly saved us a lot of time and frustration as well.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Ave atque vale

vijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud of
Here are some disposable email domains that I banned today.

Code:
@0-mail.com @0815.ru @0clickemail.com @10minutemail.com @20minutemail.com @2prong.com @30minutemail.com @3d-painting.com @4warding.com @4warding.net @4warding.org @60minutemail.com @amilegit.com @anonbox.net @anonymbox.com @antispam.de @beefmilk.com @binkmail.com @bio-muesli.net @bobmail.info @bofthew.com @brefmail.com @bsnow.net @bugmenot.com @bumpymail.com @cosmorph.com @courrieltemporaire.com @cubiclink.com @curryworld.de @cust.in @dacoolest.com @dandikmail.com @dayrep.com @deadaddress.com @despam.it @devnullmail.com @discardmail.com @discardmail.de @disposemail.com @dispostable.com @dodgeit.com @dodgit.com @dodgit.org @donemail.ru @dontreg.com @dontsendmespam.de @dump-email.info @dumpyemail.com @e4ward.com @email60.com @emailigo.de @emailinfive.com @emailmiser.com @emailsensei.com @emailtemporario.com.br @emailwarden.com @emailx.at.hm @fakeinbox.com @fakeinformation.com @fastacura.com @filzmail.com @fizmail.com @fr33mail.info @get1mail.com @get2mail.fr @getonemail.com @getonemail.net @gishpuppy.com @great-host.in @guerillamail.com @guerrillamail.com @guerrillamailblock.com @h.mintemail.com @haltospam.com @hochsitze.com @hotpop.com @hulapla.de @ieatspam.eu @ieatspam.info @imails.info @incognitomail.com @incognitomail.net @incognitomail.org @insorg-mail.info @ipoo.org @jetable.com @jetable.net @jetable.org @jnxjn.com @junk1e.com @keepmymail.com @kir.ch.tc @klzlk.com @kulturbetrieb.info @lhsdv.com @litedrop.com @lol.ovpn.to @lookugly.com @lopl.co.cc m4ilweb.info @mail-temporaire.fr @mail.by @mail4trash.com @mailcatch.com @maileater.com @mailexpire.com @mailin8r.com @mailinator.com @mailinator.net @mailinator2.com @mailme.ir @mailme.lv @mailmetrash.com @mailnator.com @mailnesia.com @mailnull.com @mailslite.com @mailzilla.org @mbx.cc @meltmail.com @messagebeamer.de @mierdamail.com @mintemail.com @moburl.com @monemail.fr.nf @msa.minsmail.com @mt2009.com @mypartyclip.de @myphantomemail.com @mytrashmail.com @nepwk.com @no-spam.ws @nobulk.com @noclickemail.com @nogmailspam.info @nomail2me.com @nomorespamemails.com @nospam4.us @nospamfor.us @nospamthanks.info @notmailinator.com @nowmymail.com @nus.edu.sg @nwldx.com @onewaymail.com @online.ms @ovpn.to @owlpic.com @pjjkp.com @politikerclub.de @pookmail.com @prtnx.com @qq.com @quickinbox.com @recode.me @regbypass.com @rmqkr.net @rppkn.com @rtrtr.com @s0ny.net @safe-mail.net @safetymail.info @safetypost.de @sandelf.de @saynotospams.com @selfdestructingmail.com @sendspamhere.com @sharklasers.com @shizzlemail.me @skeefmail.com @slopsbox.com @smellfear.com @snakemail.com @sofimail.com @sofort-mail.de @sogetthis.com @spam.la @spam.su @spamavert.com @spambob.net @spambob.org @spambog.com @spambog.de @spambog.ru @spambox.info @spambox.irishspringrealty.com @spambox.us @spamcero.com @spamday.com @spamfree24.com @spamfree24.de @spamfree24.eu @spamfree24.info @spamfree24.net @spamfree24.org @spamgourmet.com @spamherelots.com @spamhole.com @spamify.com @spaminator.de @spamkill.info @spaml.com @spaml.de @spammotel.com @spamobox.com @spamspot.com @spamthis.co.uk @spamthisplease.com @supergreatmail.com @supermailer.jp @suremail.info @teewars.org @teleworm.com @teleworm.us @tempalias.com @tempe-mail.com @tempemail.biz @tempemail.com @tempemail.net @tempinbox.co.uk @tempinbox.com @tempmail.it @tempmail2.com @tempomail.fr @temporarioemail.com.br @temporaryemail.net @temporaryinbox.com @thanksnospam.info @thankyou2010.com @thisisnotmyrealemail.com @throwawayemailaddress.com @tmailinator.com @tradermail.info @trash-amil.com @trash-mail.com @trash-mail.de @trash2009.com @trashemail.de @trashmail.at @trashmail.com @trashmail.net @trashmail.ws @trashmailer.com @trashymail.com @trashymail.net @trillianpro.com @tyldd.com @uggsrock.com @veryrealemail.com @webm4il.info @wegwerfemail.de @wh4f.org @whyspam.me @willselfdestruct.com @wuzupmail.net @yopmail.com @yuurok.com @zehnminutenmail.de @zippymail.info @zoaxe.com
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Severe Weather Spotter

Shawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to beholdShawn Gossman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Apple View Post
Well said. I had a forum that was absolutely hammered with spam not too long ago, and banning emails and IPs didn't work. We simply used very strong questions on the registration form instead, and it did the trick, and certainly saved us a lot of time and frustration as well.
Indeed and then you don't have to waste time on things like this that will likely not work because of the OVERWHELMING amount of email providers available to spammers.

My Forums
Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 AM
I buy Big/Small forums

GeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud ofGeorgeB. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Gossman View Post
Indeed and then you don't have to waste time on things like this that will likely not work because of the OVERWHELMING amount of email providers available to spammers.
You mean infinite

Spammers register domains now just to use the unlimited email variations you can use with a single catch-all address. Multiply that by how many domains even the most broke spammer can buy.

Infinite.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Severe Weather Spotter

You are correct, GeorgeB.

My Forums
Old 06-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Ave atque vale

vijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud ofvijayninel has much to be proud of
This worked for me for controlling a troll. That's why I posted those.

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Managing an Online Community > Site Security