Go Back   Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Increasing Traffic

Increasing Traffic Promotional Techniques To Fill Up Those Member Lists.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 PM
TAZ Regular

Gameffect2012 is on a distinguished road
Default When starting a new forum what increase traffic
I just started this forum and there hardly anything on their except a great discussion team. I am going to add some smf mods to increase traffic and make it more user friendly. I have been posting on other forums just like mine to increase traffic and use seo to place my site on search engines. beside word of mouf and going to forum similar to my forum what else should I do ?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 AM
shiny happy pantless

Admin Experience: Intermediate
gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameffect2012 View Post
and going to forum similar to my forum what else should I do ?

Try to understand why you keep going to your favorite forums, and then you'll know where you want your site to go.

What your favorite sites have (for gaming) is what you have to have...but better.

Remember, your readers are already on other sites reading and enjoying content.

Your job is to come up with content that's so interesting they want to leave their sites and come hang out on yours.

gogo
Old 08-18-2012, 02:01 AM
TAZ Regular

all day
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Tazmanian

Parlock is a jewel in the rough
Get a proper domain, no one takes .tk seriously. :P

Also, I can see your English isn't the best thing in the world. You may want to get someone to proof-read your index page for grammatical and spelling errors.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 PM
TAZ Regular

okay
Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
The7thSage is a glorious beacon of lightThe7thSage is a glorious beacon of lightThe7thSage is a glorious beacon of light
You need more content.
A TLD like .com .net .org, etc. I can't remember if I ever saw an active site with a .tk domain
Try to get/make a custom theme.
Submit website to search engines. Try "Google webmasters" for example.

Give it more time after doing the above.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:13 PM
shiny happy pantless

gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
Get a proper domain, no one takes .tk seriously. :P

I think I disagree with this. I know I don't pay any attention at all to the last part of an url...I just wanna see if it's busy, popular, got great stuff that changes everyday and is alive and kicking.

We started our forum first on invision free, put thousands of posts on it before we even considered buying a single thing.

gogo
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Tazmanian

Parlock is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoblender View Post
I think I disagree with this. I know I don't pay any attention at all to the last part of an url...I just wanna see if it's busy, popular, got great stuff that changes everyday and is alive and kicking.

We started our forum first on invision free, put thousands of posts on it before we even considered buying a single thing.

gogo
But is .tk as effective for SEO as a .com or a .co.uk? I don't really know how it works, but I've read that the general opinion here is that a TLD is better than a free domain.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 AM
shiny happy pantless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
But is .tk as effective for SEO as a .com or a .co.uk? I don't really know how it works, but I've read that the general opinion here is that a TLD is better than a free domain.

I don't know what the answer to that is. However, here's something interseting... of the top five forums I visit daily, I have no idea what their url is... I just one day searched for them with google, looked at the site, saw it was busy, read some topics, then bookmarked.

Was never important to me what the url was as a reader... content can be catchy to me though, and of course, what got me there in the first place... content so good that when I googled it, it showed up as top five.

gogo
Old 08-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
The7thSage is a glorious beacon of lightThe7thSage is a glorious beacon of lightThe7thSage is a glorious beacon of light
Google has banned co.cc in the past. Its back in their results now but I would assume google doesn't like free domains.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
TAZ Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thSage View Post
You need more content.
A TLD like .com .net .org, etc. I can't remember if I ever saw an active site with a .tk domain
Try to get/make a custom theme.
Submit website to search engines. Try "Google webmasters" for example.

Give it more time after doing the above.

I am trying to get some custom theme but at smf mod site, I can't find any. Anyone know any good smf theme in mind?

.tk is temp. I am just using it to build my forums then I plan to get .com or .net. Atm my forum is updating everyday until I feel like it is were I want it to be. ( I solve the custom theme thx guy )

Last edited by Gameffect2012; 08-21-2012 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: add more
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 AM
TAZ Regular

milina788 is on a distinguished road
If your forum is new and you want to increase traffic on this then you should go for the Social media where you can aware peoples about your forum with quality and unique content. When there will be more and more visitors on your website on daily basis then you will not have to do anything for wither increase the ranking in search engine or for the traffic increment.

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Increasing Traffic