Members & Staff Managing Members and Staff - Building Community Spirit.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Advanced
The Equivocate is on a distinguished road
Default Good Registration Rate; Not So Good Post Rate
Okay, here's the problem. My forums have been open for about 45 days now, and we're currently sitting pretty at 137 members. This is due in part to us really pusing the registrations: quick register on the main page, a giant button that tells guests to register, member-only downloads, member-only chat, etc. However, we only have 588 posts - that averages out to 13 posts a day, and 4 posts a member. Upon further examination of the member list, only 19 members have more than 5 posts. 53 members have never posted at all.

What other things can we do to get members posting? I periodically send out newsletters highlighting all the recent events of the forums that I think would get them to get posting. We have rap battle tournaments, a member of the month contest going on, and still no posting.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 PM
The dude

Scribbller will become famous soon enough
Well post regularly yourself, an admin should atleast post 20 to 30 posts himself once he has started a forum to start some discussions, you cannoy expect members to come and start discussing themselves, give them something to discuss and they will eventually start discussions themselves.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Tazmanian

The Equivocate is on a distinguished road
I have 71 posts myself.. 35 of them being threads.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:50 AM
TAZ Regular

helleborine is on a distinguished road
I have a "welcome mat" section only viewable to members. Whenever there is a new registration, a welcome thread is started for them. It's a personal greeting. I don't know if it works in the long term, or how much effect it really has, but it's nice.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:51 PM
TAZ Rookie

Enspire is on a distinguished road
I find that the welcome mat thing just looks like spam. I used to do that and got a lot of complaints.

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Managing an Online Community > Members & Staff