Community Reviews Reviews and Recommendations for your Forum by members and the TAZ Official Reviewers

Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Far Away

Admin Experience: Intermediate
ashimashi is a jewel in the rough
Quickie A quick review
I am changing a lot recently, but I want to see what others will think I can change too.

Forum Name: cheatery.com
Software: VB4.1.0
Members: 1518(83 active)
Threads: 1,637
URL: http://www.cheatery.com/forum.php
Launched: 2004 (original site), I just joined 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Tazmanian

Admin Experience: Beginner
HIM is a name known to allHIM is a name known to allHIM is a name known to allHIM is a name known to all
First Impression
Well, itís hasnít disappointed me just yet. In fact I am quite enjoying it so far. Itís pleasant to the eyes and has an enjoyable colour scheme. Although I still donít really know what itís about Iím eager to jump into the forums and see what the community has to offer.
Design
I enjoyed your header, as I said above it looks pleasing to the eyes and I enjoy looking at it. Then you get into your forums and it loses that unique colour scheme and goes back to the default vBulletin and that makes me a little bit disappointed. I would suggest that you try and bring in the orange and blue a bit more, and add in a few more custom graphics else it is it is going to just look like the default vBulletin layout which I do not believe your members would enjoy.

Content
Your forums posts are normally less than a couple of lines. I think something that you might benefit from is a set of guidelines for submitting cheats (much like the community corporative). If that doesnít strike your fancy then consider adding in maybe a thread per game. With a post for every cheat that you find you will find that the organisation isnít going to be great and search engines are only going to find that cheat if they are looking for that specific cheat. You might also want to consider asking people to post more before they click the submit button.

Member Activity And Sense Of Community
Your members are obviously close. You can tell by all your Ask Me threads. I would however like to see a bit more sense of activity as most posts (as I said above) are on the short side. I as a member wouldnít be looking to join you if all the usersí posts were just a couple of lines.
Looking into your memberís list it seems that most of your users have made only 1 or 2 posts. Make sure you try and steal their attention, grab them, then tie them down so they canít leave. Make sure that in the Registration Options the option for instant emails is turned on as this will hopefully help with that.

The Bigger Picture
Here are some ideas I would like to put forward:
- Tactical Discussions.
In every game there is always going to be some form of tactics required and if your users can cheat there way though, then they should be able to get through it normally.
- Creating a Wiki
The wiki can hold all of your cheats. This would make it easier to search, navigate and for users to keep track of cheats.
- Game Reviews
Before you buy it to cheat on it, why not tell the userís what theyíre paying for
Closing Thoughts
Well youíre on your way but the road has only just started. You have a member base, you have your staff its time to make this website great. Considering adding in one of my above ideas to help generate content and consider the custom theme.
Regards, Thomas.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
The New Architect

Medora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud ofMedora has much to be proud of
Approved for quick review.

Note: Hair completed the quick review before it was approved, and was just waiting for approval before having it moved to your topic, hence his post being above mine.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Far Away

Admin Experience: Intermediate
ashimashi is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Hair!

Really appreciated it.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Tazmanian

HIM is a name known to allHIM is a name known to allHIM is a name known to allHIM is a name known to all
It is our job

Admin Zone Forums > TAZ Community Zone > Community Reviews