Increasing Traffic Promotional Techniques To Fill Up Those Member Lists.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:19 AM
TAZ Regular

Admin Experience: Beginner
Meshy911 is on a distinguished road
Default About to Launch!
I'm about to Launch Direct Adrenaline

I just need a touch more content and a few friends of mine to go on there and make it look lively.

Anyway I wanted to ask if I should make any last minute changes or adjustments to the site?

Plus I got the $75 free adwords so I'm going to launch that campaign after I have everyone around my friend groups and peers at school on the site. Any advice there?

PS site had adsense for less than an hour and I made $0.54!!!!!!!

Last edited by Meshy911; 01-20-2011 at 02:28 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Admin

Admin Experience: Advanced
TrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond reputeTrixieTang has a reputation beyond repute
First thing I think I should ask is, do you really need ads on such a new forum?

Also you might also want to get rid of some of those forums, all the winter sports boards probably don't need child forums yet. And Introductions could be a child forum of General Discussion.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Tazmanian

thebofh is just really nicethebofh is just really nice
You seem to be concentrating solely on snow sports, what about mountain biking, BMX, skateboarding, BASE jumping, surfing, kite boarding, FMX etc? Otherwise it looks good.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM
shiny happy pantless

Admin Experience: Intermediate
gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Hunter, I'm here to wish you best of luck on your venture! Is there a particular Extreme Sport you are going to focus on, or will you be covering them all? What type of content do you think you will be producing, written interviews, articles, photo shoots?

Have a ton of fun with this world of websites, it's addictive and there's no goin back!

gogo
Old 01-20-2011, 01:30 PM
TAZ Regular

I plan to incorporate all extreme sports in the future but for the sake of starting a new forum I was told to make it smaller so I got rid of all of the other sports I planned to have and focused on just the current winter sports to get the initial group of people and as the seasons get closer I'll launch the spring/summer sports a couple weeks before those seasons start up so people that do those can start talking about them and whatnot.

Content wise I plan to eventually get interviews and written articles, I hadn't considered photoshoots but I definitely will look into that. Plus I was hoping that user generated content would happen, like guides and answers to question that turn into guides for things etc.

I just have to make the forum look active now which I could definitely use help with cause my friends are all sort of bailing on me for this one haha.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Tazmanian

thebofh is just really nicethebofh is just really nice
There is a world outside the US, it's Summer in the Southern Hemisphere
Old 01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
TAZ Regular

I know its summer In the southern Hemisphere but how can I get the site to appeal to that many people right away without losing a ton to it looking empty. Plus I dont have anyone to help me make that look populated because all of my friends and 99.999% of people I know live in the northern hemisphere.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
shiny happy pantless

Admin Experience: Intermediate
gogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond reputegogoblender has a reputation beyond repute
Is there other sites that you frequent a lot because of your love for this topic? Definitely see if you can get a buzz going at places like that, make friends, develop a reputation. Took us like two or three months before we even had 20 members at my forum years back, so it takes a while.

In the meantime, start blogging, keep writing articles, make a reference section, maybe take pix, do reviews and see if you can get some good interviews going with peeps in the industry.

gogo
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
TAZ Regular

I don't really frequent any sites similar to mine cause a lot of the people on the ones I've found are condescending and I hate that.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
TAZ Regular

I sent out a letter to my friends on facebook and So far only one person out of like 120 registered. Granted I sent it late last night and most everybody just gets up and goes to class without checking FB.

So is this me freaking out or do I really have to step up my game to get people to register?!

Admin Zone Forums > The Community Zone > Finance and Traffic > Increasing Traffic